• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Huggy's Clean Ass K10

Hi all,

Just picked up a 1986 k10 1.0 4 speed this morning, my god they're slow.
Think im in love already, it's very body rolly in the corners though so wanting coilovers ASAP.

Has only done 36,000 miles and is in impeccable condition - only a little bit of surface rust wanting sorting.
Just stuck some spare rally wheels on for the time being, will get nicer ones when I find some, the standard k10 12" steels were rusty and not pretty but have awesome tyres if anyone needs them.
Anyway, pictures:
PsYLlZpRItK-88EZA1TVI62hkUMnG_G874fHQGixQXgMTxRsgYomguh8N4oaKskF0QvpTLdpycVUID4OH9Aum3vFxEmrsakeHnCbpywbM9wHd-9kj2n4BVjzbW01BVONrcYxsDyp9g0j13uYfoJkGBSXH0oBQwZMd9kakl6IpPI3eVlQ-_SK5lG_RmUCFgr210EDFD5I4ikR7lxVQwLr4-Tm7V4bhOgBpHkyHFetPeRxrntZUp3Vw3fy5BzNblVUGhz2ZBtLlJAZMygkwkLqmY4nUnNglI42KAfNovixm1FxYKqUJlWuop3aeQ1zDjVcc1QWB_LE5B1SriBOidMEKaB8KWr4BJCC8Alg3LUK7B3wY_l3GgZl7RopVYgAjNr3Qw7HCgix40DIRzz4Jl_qwvcJ5wyBiohSFw0TMEMjkN_5TtbY_Zmr4on9tHarFRWfkb3BUpPMuyfOqdGS8XxXkEV2yUUhUEj8yon0S47ADti6s2he-Ln6vsY8nP4bzJD1oXEV9rNz3MrNijvGlWvrIvootWJP7QaYiwRzKFeGOWT8gSxiVc3S1g429v5e1N2vJ0oF=w1732-h979-no

Ugly on steels, now looking sexayyy

IMG_1947.JPG
IMG_1949.JPG
IMG_1950.JPG
IMG_1951.JPG

Excuse the mahoosive photos, ceebs for resize them all!

Is a tiny bit of surface rust I need to grind and undercoat but nothing major (Yes I need new wishbone/bushes as well)
y2oAaKjXK7a8guZ1rGtf_ljPSAzMazDe78h-wV1q_tHz_pniksdWj0y50o5CRl0cUMpBGVOmXMEw6UpmfHorUGv_Mjmi70oZgFHMFBlA2ssPKXllnyPnfPqKuK7DdE-VPL2uhILhdmv2w6qxT9_SuqpeLEtIfLiKT9TPMWmKeKzt2mEcMqBd-4JqDyl_1GP4d7VGWpRXA3wJLhNLk0lWSw36Xy8oEq1skmGchXoOU_eMl49MJU8Y50Di50AaQLnRQC84pejPgjxZkY-PGAYsKcOGgojYF_RvlKE94gUxsw7qrosYIdXPyENINRbJ9ofrOs26PW5agENx_cFw-CIoqTDB2v6EZ_LceiySTiWQ32dr5e46qOFa-jR0Nn6YLImoSRasQ7IgcOU4qYxYAaNDG6sue4M6uBOdkfsCQUOlnD3vEIj5pdkPdLKh7zqVksje5Ei9VqLxsQQVqTB6P-DiLjaL3ezjgRvVhBetcggK4XNVpVBDGdCdPctr5PVhg9HNAUJDWN03n52WtIsa97_19zABezjzhw1cV5IhJ4rYDLoJaNCt4-DcR3MSSa8nn8f4pSxN=w554-h979-no

Taa

Gorgeous. Coilovers are good fun ;) Nice to see it home safe. Never seen a mint coloured K10 before either! May need a 5spd box if you're gonna daily that ;)

OP
OP
Huggy444
Gorgeous. Coilovers are good fun ;) Nice to see it home safe. Never seen a mint coloured K10 before either! May need a 5spd box if you're gonna daily that ;)

Two weeks dude, then I won't be so scared of heights :p

Just need some banging wheels, been looking everywhere but can see any i like. Thought about banded steels, they might work in a cream colour but I really fancy a high polished lip with either gold or black centres... Decisions

Two weeks dude, then I won't be so scared of heights :p

Just need some banging wheels, been looking everywhere but can see any i like. Thought about banded steels, they might work in a cream colour but I really fancy a high polished lip with either gold or black centres... Decisions
Not long! Hope you don't have vertigo.

Flick through Rimscarnated's facebook page and look at the wheels they've had and sold. Some really nice ones. I'm sure they'll help supply you with the ones you want. Have you had a look on www.jauce.com? See what's in Japan :) Look forward to seeing your K10 mate!

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Wheels are a tough decision... I've no idea what I want. Banded steels would suit this, but a tad over done imo.

I wouldn't worry about overdone Max. As long as you like they way it looks/drives :)

I've stuck with a set of OZ SLs for the past 10years and couldn't care less what other people think. They're on the turbo at the minute and look right good wrapped in a set of R888R. I might upload something for the MSC Instagram thingy this week, if the sun's out ;)

OP
OP
Huggy444
I am leaning towards some banded steels, cream in colour with some polished/chrome center caps....

Does anyone know if K10's ever came with hubcaps?

OP
OP
Huggy444
Just did a coolant swap, previous stuff was black as very black thing....

Little patch of surface rust I ground back whilst I was there and treated, will paint when I can be bothered.

Also found a nice oil leak, so much oil I can't really tell where it's leaking from but I think it's either a drive shaft or the rear main engine seal - cleaned it up and will have another look in a few days

OP
OP
Huggy444
Got under the car today to clean up the patches of surface rust, not fun when the car is only a few inches above your head - breathing in loads of crap!

Ground it back, then put some of the hammerite 'kurust' stuff onto it as I had it lying around, not keen on the stuff but may as well use it as it was there.
Slapped a few coats of hammerite black on and jobs a goodun' for now atleast.

Attachments

• 1458682896374.jpg
    1458682896374.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 343
Good stuff Huggy! Check the rear turrets where the strut towers mount to the chassis, seen many K10's suffer there. I also found this, a nice rusty hole on my subframe just infront if the rear wheels. Not sure if its a common rust place. I'm sure you've checked it all over proper mind, knowing you :)

Attachments

• 1458747761082.jpg
    1458747761082.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 357
OP
OP
Huggy444
And the car is for sale :(
In in need of a tow car, so if anyone is interested please let me know.
I've had offers of £1000 already so in that ballpark plz

I will need to sort myself a new car yet, so may be a few weeks before it can actually go.

And the car is for sale :(
In in need of a tow car, so if anyone is interested please let me know.
I've had offers of £1000 already so in that ballpark plz

I will need to sort myself a new car yet, so may be a few weeks before it can actually go.
Put a post up in the K10 - General Discussion bit? Best of luck with the sale mate