hr16de --> hr15de, compatibility??

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
what are the differences between our hr16de and the jap hr15de? i know the cc is different and the hr15 will run on higher octane fuel and things like that, but are they any major differences?

i've been looking at the two engines and i think some tuning parts should be compatible with the hr16de like the supercharger kit heh heh

if anyone has any info i'd gladly listen :)

nismo_k12

Ex. Club Member
just buy the impul supercharger and impul ecu and send it to XO or sumit to get it remapped.

You might need some new internals though. Think you can run low a low psi on the standard engine but i havent got a clue what sort of power your looking at.

OP
OP
Dr Zoidberg

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
both true, is one to consider i think at the minute i don't feel like throwing away my warrenty lol only had the car 2 days.

still i'll look into it :)

hi there,
i've got a question about the engines in our 160SR's...
a lot of people are refering to is a the HR16DE , i remember reading somewhere that Nissan product codes dictate that D represents cams... and E is injection? yeah/no?
are our 160SR engine fuel injected? i didn't think so...
thanks in advance for the heads up.
H

Hugh

I'd avoid XO like the plague. Haver heard many bad things about them, if you're after mapping then Team Valley Tunning is who you might want to talk to. As that's where XO try and send all their problems too, and they've had a lot of late.

James

Chairman
For future reference:

Nissan Engine Codes
D: DOHC, Variable Valve Timing, or Direct Injection
E: Electronic Fuel Injection
I: Throttle Body Fuel Injection
S: Electronic Controlled Carburetor
R: Supercharged
T: Turbocharged
TT: Twin-Turbocharged
V: Variable Valve Timing with Lift

Examples:
CG13DE: DOHC with EFI
MA09ERT: SOHC, EFI, Supercharger, Turbocharger

R

RIK

Dr Zoidberg said:
both true, is one to consider i think at the minute i don't feel like throwing away my warrenty lol only had the car 2 days.

well mines well and truley out of the window after tonight..grr

btw im sure ed would map your car to run right :)

OP
OP
Dr Zoidberg

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
aye was thinking ed, or micra pete for a remap. sc idea is out the window as the kits i was looking at were for a 1.2

getting a full exhaust made up in the next few months (manifold, racing cat, cat back system.) then a decent intake, remap then those fk coilovers you posted up rik.

that should be quick :)

R

RIK

sounds like a plan! although i would get a piggy back ecu first and take it from there. welltht what i will do when i get around to it

J

JaH

Impul Ecu

nismo_k12 said:
just buy the impul supercharger and impul ecu and send it to XO or sumit to get it remapped.

You might need some new internals though. Think you can run low a low psi on the standard engine but i havent got a clue what sort of power your looking at.

Is impul hr15de and impul hr16de ecu same ?
Is in UK someone, who import Impul parts?

Asked Janne

OP
OP
Dr Zoidberg

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
JaH said:
Is impul hr15de and impul hr16de ecu same ?
Is in UK someone, who import Impul parts?

Asked Janne

don't see why the ecu couldn't be the same, not sure though

just the map will be different as the hr15de has more power and runs on a different ron fuel to the hr16de.

also been having a look around the impul site and they have a supercharger kit for the hr15de now :) £1500 ish so i may go back to plan 1 :D

R

RIK

Dr Zoidberg said:
also been having a look around the impul site and they have a supercharger kit for the hr15de now :) £1500 ish so i may go back to plan 1 :D

are you sure its that much? i looked at brakes and i thought they was around £1000+

OP
OP
Dr Zoidberg

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
RIK said:
are you sure its that much? i looked at brakes and i thought they was around £1000+

yup going by a quick online conveter its about that much just for the kit. but thats without shipping import tax etc.

would need a bit more cash to fit it to the 160 and get it mapped