Howling

Hi All, I just want to know something about my K11 and that is when travelling at speed at about 50-70mph in 5th gear the engine howls loudly above the normal engine sound, is this the normal thing or is it fault.? And is the air filter likely to move within the housing i.e. vibrate at the same speed? Yours Peter0003

No not normal. Make a video And we can tell you What likely causes are. Or get a mechanic to check it

No air filter Will not move in the housing. IT is clamped between the lower And upper part

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Anyone for howling wheel bearings at 50/60 MPH ? :unsure:
Possible, when I first got my Micra it had a very noisy front wheel bearing, but I'm thinking more towards induction roar due to something not being connected properly on the air intake side. I know that before I modified the air intake system on my K12 the air pipe used to regularly disconnect from the air box which then created a very noticeable roar or howl at higher engine revs.....

OP
OP
Peter0003
Thank you for your quick answers, the air intake aera is clapped down but I have noticed whenI took a closer look at the throttle the body fine filter had blades of dried grass resting on the filter and also noticed that when the engine was idling I had another sound coming from the back of the engine round about where the fuel filter is, could it be a blown exhaust or something else?

Yours Peter0003