How to test injectors

I think I have an injector, which is dropping out, how do you test them?
Engine fine, then intermittently all of a sudden runs lumpy & sluggish, won't idle freely & cuts out, but runs if foot on the gas pedal.
Then all of a sudden bursts back into life & drives normally.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
nesty
Had a bit of bad idle again today, but I noticed my back box it's full of soot, this back box was only installed 5 weeks ago, (my other micra K11 exhaust is fine, no soot), so my daily runner seems to be running rich, does this point to an injector? I yet to spray the MAF cleaner down the TB yet, waiting until the weekend.

Attachments

• exhaust.jpg
    exhaust.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 114
Had a bit of bad idle again today, but I noticed my back box it's full of soot, this back box was only installed 5 weeks ago, (my other micra K11 exhaust is fine, no soot), so my daily runner seems to be running rich, does this point to an injector? I yet to spray the MAF cleaner down the TB yet, waiting until the weekend.
Soot does suggest over fuelling. I'm new to K11's do early cars have OBD? Rich mixture is either a sensor giving a false signal, MAF/lambda fault, or a mechanical/physical issue. Typically over pressure of the fuel rail or a lazy injector.

OP
OP
nesty
Soot does suggest over fuelling. I'm new to K11's do early cars have OBD? Rich mixture is either a sensor giving a false signal, MAF/lambda fault, or a mechanical/physical issue. Typically over pressure of the fuel rail or a lazy injector.
Ok thanks for the advice, it happens very random this idle issue and thought if MAF sensor or so would be more frequently, why I am thinking more intermittent injector. Hoping to test more at the weekend.