How to replace rear enigine mount k11?

Hi there, I'm about to replace my rear engine mount but I never did this before. I have no second man for assistance but I do have a decent garage jack, air tools and two Nissan spare tire replacement jacks and since I will work on the floor I will need to use my four jack stands for raising the car.

Please tell me what is best, what to avoid and how many difficulty stars for getting that bolt that goes trough the mount out and in again?

Ignore the title, but this is a video that I watched a few months ago that showed the process for changing them over and also a comparison between the types of mounts you can buy and how they affect the car - was a good watch and may help you out with specifics and building the confidence to take it on

Okay, I watched the youtube and never knew Miata's are RWD but that isn't really the same is it? :p

And frank, so you advise me to put the jack under the gearbox and then I can remove the cross member?

frank

Club Member
Okay, I watched the youtube and never knew Miata's are RWD but that isn't really the same is it? :p

And frank, so you advise me to put the jack under the gearbox and then I can remove the cross member?
support the diff with the jack to remove the through-bolt
then jack it up some more to access the other 2 bolts