How to remove rear bumper?

Hello guys!
I'm new in this forum, I have a '82 K10 Micra 1.0. I want to paint
he whole car (not me, but i have a friend who owns a small body_shop),
and I can't remove the rear bumper :(
Can anyone tell me where it's bolted? Is it bolted on the rear metal-bumper underneath it?
10x alot!

Marius, te crazy romanian micra fresh owner!

OP
OP
marius3k
Thanks for the quick reply!
I've found those two in the trunk, actually, how much plastic should I take off? How it's fitted to the body that plastic that covers the rear suspension's caps?
This afternoon I'll try to remove the bumper. Wish me luck.
I will post some pics before and after the paint.
C'ya lads!

P.S. : Please excuse my crappy english!

simmo

Official micra geek!
I took mine off recently. On my facelift K10 i had to undo 4 nuts on the back, 2 from the underneath and 2 from inside the boot. There was also a bolt holding the bumper on at each side of the bumper. You can get at these by removing the plastic adjacent to the rearlight compartment, It should be obvious which nut to undo. So 6 in total I think. Sorry if thats not very clear, its hard ot explain without physically showing you.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Yeah definitly 6. The outside ones are sometimes buried under lots of mud and dirt. Good luck! :)

OP
OP
marius3k
Still waintin' for my brother to bring my car...

LE: Here's a good one:
As my brother was driving to my place, the 1.0L engine choked and then refused to start. He managed to bring the car by towing it after a friend's Ducato. :(
A ball-bearing wich spins a roller is jammed, and that broke down the drive-belt :mad: .
Because it's saturday afternoon, I can't find any parts today, hope I'll have some luck on monday.
Now, after all that, if I'll change the roller with the bearing the engine will work?
I am asking if the valves should be ok or they could be broken?
:(

stonesie

Grease Monkey!
marius3k said:
Now, after all that, if I'll change the roller with the bearing the engine will work?
I am asking if the valves should be ok or they could be broken?
:(

Yes the valves could be bent and the pistons damaged, its worth trying replacing the belt and pully then doing a compression test to see if they are bent.

OP
OP
marius3k
stonesie said:
Yes the valves could be bent and the pistons damaged, its worth trying replacing the belt and pully then doing a compression test to see if they are bent.

I'll try to take the car to a mechanic today or tomorrow.
Does anyone know if the piston's head is flat or the head is "engraved" with the form of the valve (like in attached picture) ? The engine is the standard 1.0L engine MA10.
ferrari%20piston.jpg

Cheers!
Marius

M

Mulbers

It does have a slight indentaion on the piston but not as much as the picture above.

OP
OP
marius3k
Damage report after the mechanic inspected the engine:
one drivebelt roller (which broke the divebelt), the drivebelt, three tumblers (I hope it's the right word, in french is culbuteur), and some valves- I don't know how many. Except the valves, I replaced all the parts.
Total cost untill now: 60 EURO's (~40 pounds), all the parts are not new. I expect the valves would be another 40 or 50 pounds, maybe more. It's not so cheap for me, but that's it! :down: