How to jump start a car by connecting a wire to the plus side of the battery?

I'm aware to start an engine the ignition key has to be at 'on' position the least but I never trialed a new starter that refuses to do anything with good masses and a good battery in place. By connecting a emergency wire directly on the starter to that wire that has to be connected to the engine wire loom and the other side to the plus side of that battery.

What may I expect, should the bendix come out and the starter atleast try to move the flywheel? I've inspected everything I believe but by connecting a emergency wire to make the darn thing try to start, I want to bypass my ignition key steering column and make sure my new starter is a dead weight. New starter available but reluctant to install since it voids my thirty days no questions asked return policy when it shows sign of usage.

If the heavy battery connection is on to the starter, then put the extra wire from the battery +ve to the small wire on the starter. The starter will jump into like and turn the engine over.

Or if the starter is out, put the body against the battery -ve post and use a heavy wire, or jump lead to hook up the +ve.

When you turn the key to start, all that does is put 12v on the small starter wire while you hold it in the 'start' position.

I was able to get home being push started :)

The starter is working, now I try to learn before disassembling how the ignition switch works. Nissan Datascan shows the ecu registers the starter signal but the starter doesn't receive it.

So I learned the hard way. The car refused to start one time. Nissan Datascan shows the tccm receives the start signal. I'm not sure what pin but I was about to measure it and then solder it where the tccm would be connected to the starter wire of the starter which probably isn't a good idea.

After replacing my starter the car didn't start of course. Now I have one spare starter and I keep it since the starter I just bought was very cheap ?

But this nice part was up for grabs at my favourite junk yard.

015-onderschakelaar-contactslot.png

Back