How to fit a Nissan Pulsar GTI-R short shifter to a K11 Micra.

Hey guys.

Today i finally got around to fitting my Nissan Pulsar short shifter to my K11 Micra.
I'd seen a lot of people mention that it was possible to fit this shifter to the K11 but when i searched i couldn't find a lot of info on it and then when i did find something there were a 10 answers all saying different things.
So i decided to video it while i did it in the hope that it might make it clearer for people trying it in the future.
It turns out it was a lot more simple than i first thought.
All you'll need to complete the job are the following tools.
3/8 ratchet and long extension.
Wobbly socket adaptor.
10mm socket.
12mm Socket.
14mm Socket
Drill and 8.5mm drill bit.

Here's a link to the shifter that i used: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-...RK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I won't go into any detail on how it was done as it's all in the video but if there's anything you're unsure of then just ask and i'll do my best to answer any questions.

Here's how it looks all fitted.
43879731_2186636048327759_416453966189035520_n.jpg

skymera

Brutal Honesty
I think you can bodge the factory shifter to have a shorter throw by adjusting the pivot thing with some elbow grease.

OP
OP
ash d
I think you can bodge the factory shifter to have a shorter throw by adjusting the pivot thing with some elbow grease.
Yeah i've seen that, i didn't fancy giving it a go though as my standard shifter was already rattling in 5th gear quite badly and thought there's a good chance that might make it worse.
If you can weld you can extend the bottom of the factory shifter as well which basically has the same effect.

Yeah i've seen that, i didn't fancy giving it a go though as my standard shifter was already rattling in 5th gear quite badly and thought there's a good chance that might make it worse.
If you can weld you can extend the bottom of the factory shifter as well which basically has the same effect.
That's the selector for ,it looks like a little dog bon e the bushes has worked /pin that will fix the rattle

I bought one of these kits to fit to my mini (with a cg13de) the first one I got had heaps of slop in the ball and socket after a small metal packer fell out, so much so I didn't use it, the seller sent another, this one had no packer but the same amount of slop.
After a while I decided to modify it, turns out the socket part is acrylic and by filing a mm or so out to close the socket closer round the ball it fits with no movement. I then had to insure a tight fit back in the housing so I wrapped the outside of the socket in ptfe tape I had lying around and put the circlips back on.
I had 2 of these at this point and whilst reassembling it broke in another spot so I had to use the 2nd shifter. So fair to say even though I got it working I was not impressed with the quality of this short shifter, it looks exactly like the one shown here but who knows might have been a second or a cheap copy.
Just letting people know and also sharing a fix.

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Those blue aluminium ones are cheap copies of the shifter that B&M used to make. You're actually better off with a generic shifter that utilises the OEM socket mount.

Lots of members have used them without issues for the past decade or so. I've still got one in my SuperS from about 2006/7 and it's never missed a beat.

download.jpg

Ah that explains it, I took it apart hoping it would fit the OEM socket but it was too small. As in the original post it has firmed up the shift remarkably and there's more feedback (for want of a better way to describe it). As I used the OEM tube and bushes(to lower linkage) I think it has to be as a result of the firmer socket and housing. The new housing also serves to lift the shifter some, which helped cause it still almost put the gearknob on the floor! A longer gearknob helped here and restored some of the throw as it felt too short!

OP
OP
ash d
I bought one of these kits to fit to my mini (with a cg13de) the first one I got had heaps of slop in the ball and socket after a small metal packer fell out, so much so I didn't use it, the seller sent another, this one had no packer but the same amount of slop.
After a while I decided to modify it, turns out the socket part is acrylic and by filing a mm or so out to close the socket closer round the ball it fits with no movement. I then had to insure a tight fit back in the housing so I wrapped the outside of the socket in ptfe tape I had lying around and put the circlips back on.
I had 2 of these at this point and whilst reassembling it broke in another spot so I had to use the 2nd shifter. So fair to say even though I got it working I was not impressed with the quality of this short shifter, it looks exactly like the one shown here but who knows might have been a second or a cheap copy.
Just letting people know and also sharing a fix.
I've had mine in for a year now and done quite a lot of track days in it and it has been fine, it has started rattling a little in 5th gear though now like my OEM shifter used to. I haven't had a good look at it yet so i'm not sure if it's just the shifter has started to wear out or if the bushes need replacing in the linkages. I only really use it on track now though and am rarely in 5th gear so i haven't bothered getting around to having a look yet.
I know my friend had the B&M one in his Pulsar years ago and that thing was great so it might be worth spending a bit more money and getting a genuine second hand one that might be a bit more hard wearing.