How to deal with "annoying" ebay users...

Turtle

Ex. Club Member
OK so most of the time ebay is pretty cool, safe and straightforward.

But there are some real silly who abuse the system to benefit themselfs... grr

Two examples from two items I bought today; fwn

A set of spark plugs... 1p :glance:, wow what a bargain, but the postage is £6.99!! I'm not stupid and I know the spark plugs are worth more than 1p, and the postage will cost him considerably less than £6.99.... yes, its still fairly cheap overall but it hacks me off for this person to claim thats how his prices actually work...

The second, a microsoft mouse... £15.71, £5.50 postage, all seems sensible to me so I click buy, login, confirm. Dum dum. WHAT? It wants another £3.50 VAT?? I go back to check the listing; nope no mention of extra needed for VAT... arrg, to hell with it I have paid now... :down:

But my point is, how do I vent my fury upon these types of ebay swashbuckling types, I know if I leave negative feedback I'll get a negative comment from them! So the feedback system seems pretty useless to me...

I want my £3.50 back, and I want sparky to stop tricking people into viewing his listings... but how? :devil:

Sorry for long pointless thread :sleepy: . Please forgive me, i'll feel better after this columbian sambuka sinks in... :love:

Actually, the VAT thing is now allowed. As of I think it was March, all companies that trade with PayPal and tick the box saying they are VAT registered have to have VAT added onto their prices, it's done by PayPal and not the seller as far as I know.

Shouldnt the listing state that Vat has to be added to the final price? I've seen many which state this

I have a complaint with ebay, not wanting to take this thread off turtle's issue but i listed an expensive item on behalf of Ems, worth about 400 quid. Some yank scammer bidded which meant ebay wanted its listing fee + final total fee. after reporting it as fake, getting the user banned and the fees cancelled, they only removed the final listing total and not the insertion fee which we still had to pay! - in other words, Ebay are making money off scammers. Bit unacceptable really

Actually, the VAT thing is now allowed. As of I think it was March, all companies that trade with PayPal and tick the box saying they are VAT registered have to have VAT added onto their prices, it's done by PayPal and not the seller as far as I know.

well someone needs to tell me who to send an angry email too because thats the first Ive heard of it. Not clear at all :doh: Maybe I missed it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....60022987828&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

But yeah, dont care about anything now thanks to "Aguardienete Nectar", good stuff, tastes nice. :)

INFORMATION

For information regarding payment methods, vat, shipping & returns and our contact details please click

http://www.alpha-computers.co.uk/ebay.htm

Kinda hidden but there is a link regarding VAT etc, anytime you see something like this you should always click it, eBay will simply say it's you responsibility to read ALL the auction.

No leg to stand on there I'm afraid, could have been worse so take it as a £3.50 lesson

As for the cheap price and high postage, it saves on ebay costs instead of paying for a minimum reserve, most people do it that I see.

Back