How to Convert a Drum Brakes to Disc Brakes?

Hey there i am new here :) I got an Nissan micra k13 from 2013.
I was considering changing my rear brakes from drum brakes to discsbrakes .
Have anyone tried it before? if yes what did you use? and where did you buy the Disc brake conversion kit?

Last edited:

SplanK

Site Supporter
The easiest conversion would be from another Micra K13.... however I cant see any disk brake parts for sale for the rear other than drum components. The DIG-S came with drums, and I would have thought if any model had disks on the rear, that would have been it!

Looks like its will be a custom job if you wanted to do it.... however, is there really any need? I have been happily honing the DIG-S around on standard brakes and they seem fine.... granted, show it a track and it wont last long

Hey there i am new here :) I got an Nissan micra k13 from 2013.
I was considering changing my rear brakes from drum brakes to discsbrakes .
Have anyone tried it before? if yes what did you use? and where did you buy the Disc brake conversion kit?
If you want the best brakes on your micra, you don't need to convert the rear to disc. I'm a mechanic of 25+ years and I've got the k13 2014 supercharged micra, I've put parts from autodoc from Germany on it. I've put brembo standard disks and pads, just normal, not vented or cross drilled or anything on the front, ferodo shoes on the back, its cost me about £100 and now the brakes are awesome, to the point where I can stop on a dime. I swear to God, try this setup before you make brackets to fit calipers and spend hours for no reason. Just type in autodoc, go on the website, put in your reg and it will give you a list of cheap to expensive parts, just order the coated brembo disks, matching brembo pads, and you want the ferodo shoes for the rear. I promise you wont be disappointed. I'm in stoke on trent if you want a demo!

can you share details of the Pads and disc like part number or link where i can buy the same.

thanks.
If you want the best brakes on your micra, you don't need to convert the rear to disc. I'm a mechanic of 25+ years and I've got the k13 2014 supercharged micra, I've put parts from autodoc from Germany on it. I've put brembo standard disks and pads, just normal, not vented or cross drilled or anything on the front, ferodo shoes on the back, its cost me about £100 and now the brakes are awesome, to the point where I can stop on a dime. I swear to God, try this setup before you make brackets to fit calipers and spend hours for no reason. Just type in autodoc, go on the website, put in your reg and it will give you a list of cheap to expensive parts, just order the coated brembo disks, matching brembo pads, and you want the ferodo shoes for the rear. I promise you wont be disappointed. I'm in stoke on trent if you want a demo!c

Hello, I just created an account for this thread.

But I was also thinking of giving my aging Micra K13 Acenta an update in the brake department.

After extensive research online.
There's three valid options which are available, these are.

1. For the best OEM FIT
2. For the best Performance
3. For the best Price

Option 1 -

The two Nissan models that came equipped with both front and rear calipers were only ever sold in Japan.
- Nissan Note Nismo (E12)
- Nissan March Bolero limited edition (K13)

There is another forum online where users have posted blueprints diagram on the Nissan Note Nismo showing the rear axle. Although the text would be in Japanese the parts are straightforward to distinguish.

You would have to import the parts over from a reputable online marketplace but to name a few (ebay, Yahoo jp auctions, crooober)

Option 2 -

If you would like something sooner with than later then you could get the more enhanced performance RenaultSport Clio brakes which is essentially the hot hatch version of the Micra in Europe.
Mk2 172/ 182 models would fit older Micra' models K12 but rear axle and stub hub, as well as all the wiring + ABS would need to get sorted and changed.

Mk3 GT 1.6 (not the 197!) would likely fit the K13 from observing photos. Along with the rest of the parts stated that would also require rear axle, stub hub, as well as wiring etc.

Option 3 -

Lmao to keep it simple just get front discs along with known quality pads for the best compound and stopping power, and if you want something nicer to look at I recommend grooved discs.
For the drums, a brake shoe kit would be beneficial.

You could always uprate just the front discs from 260mm to 280mm but would have to get new calipers and pads to accommodate the larger surface area.

The Micra wasnt designed to be a fast car. But there is a large tuning community behind small hatchbacks in southeast Asia. Maybe you could look into those for inspiration.

But I would personally buy a pocket rocket for serious business lool. *Cough* Suzuki Swift Sport *Cough*