How to Convert a Drum Brakes to Disc Brakes?

Hey there i am new here :) I got an Nissan micra k13 from 2013.
I was considering changing my rear brakes from drum brakes to discsbrakes .
Have anyone tried it before? if yes what did you use? and where did you buy the Disc brake conversion kit?

Last edited:
The easiest conversion would be from another Micra K13.... however I cant see any disk brake parts for sale for the rear other than drum components. The DIG-S came with drums, and I would have thought if any model had disks on the rear, that would have been it!

Looks like its will be a custom job if you wanted to do it.... however, is there really any need? I have been happily honing the DIG-S around on standard brakes and they seem fine.... granted, show it a track and it wont last long

Hey there i am new here :) I got an Nissan micra k13 from 2013.
I was considering changing my rear brakes from drum brakes to discsbrakes .
Have anyone tried it before? if yes what did you use? and where did you buy the Disc brake conversion kit?
If you want the best brakes on your micra, you don't need to convert the rear to disc. I'm a mechanic of 25+ years and I've got the k13 2014 supercharged micra, I've put parts from autodoc from Germany on it. I've put brembo standard disks and pads, just normal, not vented or cross drilled or anything on the front, ferodo shoes on the back, its cost me about £100 and now the brakes are awesome, to the point where I can stop on a dime. I swear to God, try this setup before you make brackets to fit calipers and spend hours for no reason. Just type in autodoc, go on the website, put in your reg and it will give you a list of cheap to expensive parts, just order the coated brembo disks, matching brembo pads, and you want the ferodo shoes for the rear. I promise you wont be disappointed. I'm in stoke on trent if you want a demo!

I agree with you nathan, i've done the same work, eccept for the rear brake shoes, i mounted the brembo ones.