How to change the gearbox oil?

Hi guys,

So I need to change my gearbox oil, to see if there is any signs of damage to the gears as when driving it gives off an annoying rattle, which is mainly noticeable in 5th gear, I'm aware of how to drain the oil but was wondering about topping it back up, what's the easiest way to do that? I've read about removing the air box and the throttle body to get to the speedometer drive or something like that, just want to know the easiest way to top the oil back up

Just the air box needs to be removed if you are refilling through the speedo drive, not throttle body. Takes just over three litres, or fill till it comes out of the top front drain plug. As for rattles, are you sure it's the gearbox at fault, worn shifter rattling in 5th is a common complaint. When the rattling starts ( usually when under load ) hold the gear lever and see if it stops.

OP
OP
Aero
That's exactly what happens mate, when under load it sounds like there is a rattle snake in the car, put pressure on it and it stops, and cheers, I've been reading different things through out different forums. Am I right in thinking the drain plug is 1/2 and the front plug I'd 3/8? Or is it the other way round?