How to: Change fuel pump???

Simaroon

Buy & Sell Member
hello, a few of you may have seen in my other thread that having a bit of trouble with the micra.
ive now got a new fuel pump to go in, im no mechanic but willing to have a go, i have searched on here but with not much luck for a removal/fitting guide.

could anyone explain how to do this. i know its under the rear bench, i have taken the case off and disconnected the two connectors. what next?

thanks

hello, a few of you may have seen in my other thread that having a bit of trouble with the micra.
ive now got a new fuel pump to go in, im no mechanic but willing to have a go, i have searched on here but with not much luck for a removal/fitting guide.

could anyone explain how to do this. i know its under the rear bench, i have taken the case off and disconnected the two connectors. what next?

thanks

I've not done one on a Micra but I'm guessing they're much like any other electric pump
Remove fuel pump fuse/battery negative if your health and safety conscience (not necessary just don't turn on the ignition and you shoul be fine)
Pull up the seats
You'll be greeted by a big round circle cover remove that usually 10mm bolts under that will be the tank
Remove pipes and plugs
Usually the whole plastic thing needs removing and has little ledges that you need to hit with a blunt object to get the whole unit to spin in an anticlockwise manner, after a few turns it should spin off by hand
Once off unscrew it from it's cradle remove all bits that need to go on new pump refit the new pump reassemble

k11 plastic enclosure for the fuel pump has a clip towards the front,push down and slide unit backwards then out of tank

you've unscrew'd the top cover off the tank? and removed the 2 fuel lines?

yes, so far i have.

removed top cover
removed 2 plastic electric connectors and 2 fuel lines
undone the black pastic collar so can now remove the lid of tank.

now, what next, will i have to undo the electric clips and fuel lines on the underside of lid to (being careful not to drop the plugs in the fuel). and then whats the best way to reach in an unattatch the pump,>?

Yeah remove the clips from underside of lid, and as r-reg said. Reach to the front of the unit push a clip up and slide the unit out of its tracks. Lift it all out, take apart the plastic unit, remove the fuel pump (swapping over any pipes etc) then reverse of removal :) just mske sure you get the feed/return pipes the correct way round. I normally remember them as one of the fuel pipes has a gold clip holding it on and the other silver :)

Back