How pathetic....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rochdale council, now we have got 3 wheelie bins in our back garden, one for normal rubbish, one for bottles glass or plastic and one for garden waste like grass and branches etc......

anyway just been talking to my mum and she says that now they will FINE you if your mix them up, so now you have to sort threw rubbish and seperate it all, if you have a tin of beans you have to clean the inside out before putting it into one on the bins otherwise its a FINE... i find it stupid and pathetic that you should have to do this and a complete waste of time.

and the three wheelie bins, they say you have to have them, so we have three wheelie bins taking up room in our garden now, our house isnt a council house so why should we have to have them on our garden taking up room.... complete #### tbh

thinking of emailing rochdale council give them some stick for doing stupid things

rant over....

RIK said:
stop being stupid and lazy

lazy? me and my family have other things to do then clean inside baked beans tins

stupid? you must have me confused for someone else

a FINE ffs how can they even think of fining someone when they pile there none council house garden up with wheelie bins you dont want or need which are all stuck right outside the back door for people to fall over and injury them selves

I have to disagree there...

"i find it stupid and pathetic that you should have to do this and a complete waste of time"

NOT at all, if everyone did this the world would be a much cleaner place, not im not a enviroment freak, but you can't say something is a waste of time as clearly the more people that do this, a huge imporovement will be.

I have the same here where i live, and althoguh they do look messy, and can prove a pain, at least we are doing our bit, and if that meens making the world a better place for the future, I dont see it being a waste of time. :)

Swallow said:
Its called RECYCLING and doing your bit for the environment.

but they still have have the little green boxes that get collected every friday for people who want to recycle if i wanted to do my bit for the environment id stop driving

you should think yourself lucky you have a council to tidy up after you.....just look at the places that dont

hughes_16v said:
but they still have have the little green boxes that get collected every friday for people who want to recycle if i wanted to do my bit for the environment id stop driving

Your being silly now mate, stop while your ahead...

Cleaning 1 or 2 tins while doing your washing up is hardly a huge setback!

D4R73N said:
Your being silly now mate, stop while your ahead...

Cleaning 1 or 2 tins while doing your washing up is hardly a huge setback!

i eat alot of beans, plus then you have to clean the plate you have used to

im not been silly, im more annoyed that they think they can FINE you if you dont do it and the nice flag stones we paid alot of money for to make our garden look pretty are now covered by wheelie bins

hughes_16v said:
i eat alot of beans, plus then you have to clean the plate you have used to

im not been silly, im more annoyed that they think they can FINE you if you dont do it and the nice flag stones we paid alot of money for to make our garden look pretty are now covered by wheelie bins

Ok, so your anoyed, I can't name a single person who says they enjoy having wheelie bins as there new garden display. As for washing up the plate and tins, I would not complane about something so small...

I see your point, and I understand the FINE's can be a bit high for what you have to do, but its working!... You now may be anoyed, but think, they wouldnt do it unless it was making a difference, if you ask me, pain in the arse or not I actully belive this is going to help the enviroment for the better.

It doesnt take two seconds to seperate one thing from another! We've got 2 bins and two baskets provided by our council! Paper / Plastics & Bottles / Garden waste & normal waste! Doesnt take much to put stuff in the right place etc.

its because hes got asked to do somthing for nothing..if he got payed to do it he wouldnt be moaning

taking stuff out of your kitchen bin to seperate between them, im not so annoyed about having to do it, because it will most likely not me doing it im more annoyed about the fact they can fine you for it, they provide the bins but wheres the handwash for all the germs think they should provide that to

RIK said:
its because hes got asked to do somthing for nothing..if he got payed to do it he wouldnt be moaning

not at all, i should be able to place my rubbish where i wish in which ever bin i want

RIK said:

Exactly: You wouln't ask your mum for £5 to drop her up town, same as you shouldnt be paid to help the rest of the world...

D4R73N said:
Exactly: You wouln't ask your mum for £5 to drop her up town, same as you shouldnt be paid to help the rest of the world...

its £10 lol

the whole point is to stop global warming etc,,,, but how can recycling really help a right lot when theres 1000s of cars been made everyday which will be used to pollute the air anyway, plus recycling uses old materials to make new ones which will need machines to process the stuff just like the original stuff did anyway

by driving a micra you are doing your bit for the enviroment :D

that fact that its decat doesnt matter lol ;)

i am a bit of an Eco freak and i think that we should save energy in other places eg recycling and wind farms etc... so we can spend more of the energy on cars

i'm sure people who cant be bothered to do it will just carry all their rubbish in their black bin bags and just walk down the road at 1am and dump it into somone elses green wheelie bins.

tbh... recycling is not that much of a task, im actually glad to hear its reached Rochdale council...

I studyied Recycling as a uni project into viability of Self composting within the community...
and geuss what most of the respondants were like " cant be arsed to go through seperating Rubbish, aint that someone elses job"

if only people knew how much it costs the government to recycle stuff we really should be doing ourselves...

im not evan that environmentally frriendly but recycle just that little bit xtra...

NeX said:
wind farms etc...

Wind farms arent that great! For the space they take up, they dont provide reliable energy, they're an eye sore and they're noisy! As much as i like green energy, the government / europe has set loads of targets which they wont reach if they want to use green energy - the only way to meet them is to go nuclear!

We only have the green boxes atm, My mum rinses the can's out with water as soon as she's emptied them. Only takes 5 seconds with a blast of water. As for sorting stuff out, just keep all recycling stuff in one box and when it's full empty it into the correct bins. It doesn't take 5 mins. It's good for preventing too much waste etc, do u really want your great great grandchildren living in a rubbish tip!!!! Coz thats what will happen if we don't act now!!

lol in glastonbury (mendip county counsil) you have to put your food into a different bag to the normal rubbish aswell as the normal tins/bottles and plastics and garden waste. so it aint like you got it bad and its not even that much hassle and tbh it reallly is about time counsils did something about recycling so im not bothered at all about all the different bins.

im all for recycling but it is stupid, 3 wheelie bins? there shuld be like recycle points like at asda at the end of every street or every few 100 yards and like a once a week collection, that would work better me thinks!

yeah but how many people would be bothered to walk up to the end of the street? i definatly wouldnt be arsed!

At my mums we've got a couple of different things for recycling - a bin for paper, bottles, cans etc another for garden waste and one for normal rubbish.

Theres also one for food waste, but my mum point blank refuses to use it - she could see the neighbour filling it up with the stinky food she cooks, so she's hidden it in the basement :D

And I think windfarms are a load of PR nonsense - someone did a breakdown on them once and figured out that they'd need to run continuously for 20 odd years (I think! Might be longer) before they 'pay back' the amount of energy they've used to put em up.

Roll on tidal power! :D

Actually here's a small rant about our local council! despite what they say about promoting recycling etc etc, we rang them up about recycling some old computers and monitors we had (around 20 of each or so) and they said fine, we'l deal with them

They turned up with a dump truck and crushed all of it in the back, and sent it off to landfill!!! Not exactly promoting recycling etc. All those chemicals from monitors etc going into the water table & Environment! Absolute joke.

Thats Horsham district council for anyone who cares

Sorry dude I'm all for these bins, i'm no echo nut but if i change things I do just a bit then least I've made some effort.

No real way to fine you, how can they tell that you put a piece of crad in with the tins?

how big is ur garden btw?

we have the same 2 wheely bins an 2 boxes an they are spendin 30mill on a recyclin center, ppl complian about the huge dumps but when they try sort it out ppl still complian! we just have 2 grit out teeth an get on with it, no other way around it.

Arnold said:
Wind farms arent that great! For the space they take up, they dont provide reliable energy, they're an eye sore and they're noisy! As much as i like green energy, the government / europe has set loads of targets which they wont reach if they want to use green energy - the only way to meet them is to go nuclear!

id rather have a wind farm than a nuclear power station that every so often has to be emptied of its power source and then buried in a mountain until it calms down...plus what looks nicer a sleek looking wind turbine or a grey funnel shaped brick building ?

granted non of these modern energy saving / creating ways by themselves will do the job, whats needed is a bit of everything (a few solar panels on every house would go along way to helping) and we need more clever ways of gathering free engery...

R05_Micra said:
im all for recycling but it is stupid, 3 wheelie bins? there shuld be like recycle points like at asda at the end of every street or every few 100 yards and like a once a week collection, that would work better me thinks!

That would really, really stink, would you want to live next to one of those?

It is like the otehr day, I parked on these lovely yellow lines outside a shop, and the council fined me £60 quid for it, the country is falling apart I tell you.

Nuclear/tidal rocks, when we have fission power, then all of life's problems will be solved :)

Craig said:
It is like the otehr day, I parked on these lovely yellow lines outside a shop, and the council fined me £60 quid for it, the country is falling apart I tell you.

that was a good idea lol

OMG no, big brother is the epitome of everything that is wrong with modern 'pop' culture, the first onewas an interesting experiment in social interaction in an environment where every thing was to be observed, people in glass houses and all, but surely now the idea has got tired, how can they keep the brand fresh? PUt someone with turettes in, that'll get the viewers hooked, laughing at some-one's disability.
Reality TV is the bane on modern TV scheduling, I have come up with agreat idea for a show though, it woulds be called 'Clelbrity Paper-Round Challenge' and would basically involve 5 or 6 'celebs' who each get allocated a round from a suburban newsagents and we get to see the strain, pain and those happy moments that occur during a morning's hard graft. After their round, the 'celebs' would go back to their edwardian mansion where they are plied with booze to hel[p them unwind.
Every week they would swap rounds, but with the public voting who should go, a panel of experienced newsagents would also decide who goes.
At the end of the series, the last 'celeb' would be offered a £20 a week job on the round of their choice, pure TV gold.

Craig said:
I have come up with agreat idea for a show though, it woulds be called 'Clelbrity Paper-Round Challenge' and would basically involve 5 or 6 'celebs' who each get allocated a round from a suburban newsagents and we get to see the strain, pain and those happy moments that occur during a morning's hard graft. After their round, the 'celebs' would go back to their edwardian mansion where they are plied with booze to hel[p them unwind.
Every week they would swap rounds, but with the public voting who should go, a panel of experienced newsagents would also decide who goes.
At the end of the series, the last 'celeb' would be offered a £20 a week job on the round of their choice, pure TV gold.

HaHa, you thought way to much into this... lol

suppose we should recycle, i mean it could be another car in a few weeks, like the ad's, or it may just be another can :( lol

just read this post and omg hughes I wish our council would give us an extra couple of bins our little box for glass and tins gets nicked for people to grow there flowers in!! stop being such an arse about it do you want your childrens children to suffer cos you want the xtra bit of room in the back garden...if everyone did there bit we wouldnt have to worry about global warming

danmicra said:
how big is ur garden btw?

fairly big but the section where the wheelie bins can be kept is small, as the rest of the garden is up four steps dragging a wheelie bin up and down wont be fun

Craig said:
PUt someone with turettes in, that'll get the viewers hooked, laughing at some-one's disability.

he wanted to go in
t.v or not he would still get laughed at in real life

Thread locked

Sorry but it has to be said, live with it

Barnet council was the first part of the UK to introduce this and is leading the way in terms of other councils. We have been recycling now for nearly two years and the fine system was introduced over a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back