how old or much experiance to drive in europe?????

bombz4

Ex. Club Member
as the title says is there an age or just an amount of experiance me and a few m8s are thiking of driving to europe at the end of the summer any one know the answer? or is it depending on the insurance company? as they dont really like me!

I hired a Ford Focus in Spain when i was 21 without any problems, so i dont think there's an age limit when it comes to driving over there. As you are taking your own car, insurance could be the only issue. Just ring them up and ask if your policy covers you driving to Europe, and see what they say.

I'm pretty sure insurance doesn't cover europe. I think i spotted it in the small print somewhere before on mine. But yeah as Arnold say's, just ask. They'll prob just ask you to pay ?? extra a week or similar.

Some insurance companies offer you to be able to drive for an X amount of days in europe, polices vary though.

Your best bet is to speak to your insurance companies for details.

Regards to age/driving restrictions, I don't believe there are any. Just need to be over 18 I think.

less than a month's travel usually won't incur costs, but is dependant on the country. you need to ask.
to be 'legal' driving in europe, you need headlight deflectors, breakdown triangle, and fireextinguisher.

cheers all, ive asked aroud people i know and have been told mulitiple things, ut im fairly sure now its just down to insurance (and the eu car extras cheers banksy) cant find my insurance docs now! lol o wll im sure there here somewhere! still unsure weather to take the micra tho! dont fancy running into probs on the other side of europe! might keep the citroen ax if that doesnt come back its not such a big deal!

Back