How much should I offer for these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
Lads, I need your opinion here. I got offered an EDGE Sub and Amp, second hand.

scaled.php

imag0055k.jpg

scaled.php

scaled.php

New, the sub/amp pack would be in the region of 110£...

Does it worth the money?
Should I offer 50 or even :laugh: lower...

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
Wouldn't bother, I don't get subs and crap when on earth would you need the speakers that loud? My cd player and stock speakers can deafen me! It's not like the public need to hear what your playing in your car

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
Wouldn't bother, I don't get subs and crap when on earth would you need the speakers that loud? My cd player and stock speakers can deafen me! It's not like the public need to hear what your playing in your car

I like deep bass sound and currently have a 150W active Pioneer sub under the pass seat, but I feel it's not enough. In fairness any time a car passes by me and music bombs out the window, my first reaction is: Turn down the music, you moron... :blush:
But I like to hear the bass kick when I'm in the car :p

having a sub for the bass gives your car sound a nice rounded sound you dont have to have it loud. Its more about quality then quantity for most people. The big numbers is because the amp needs a bit of power to get the sub moving to make the bass.The only down side is the weight my sub (12") and amp is about 15kg :(

That amp kicks out 200rms mono bridged that should sound nice :p

id offer 40 collected, no wait its only 10" ...............30 :laugh:

i just tried to sell my sub on ebay. was the 12" version of this one but with built in amp. 2 false bids at £30, so i sold it to my bro for £35 with wiring! fair price i think as i got it new for £80

Antony

Ex. Club Member
its all about quality in audio installs and the first thing you should upgrade is the head unit..... the very last thing to be upgraded is the speakers.

if the quality of the signal goin to the speakers is rubbish, it doesnt matter how much you spend on them, the sound they produce will be rubbish also.

this sub and amp package was ok when new a few years ago (i know cos i used to fit them all the time) but they werent brilliant.

they were £149.99 when brand new....

but like i said, if you dont have a decent head unit, it will sound crap as you wont be able to balance the trebble and bass corectly within the car.... it will dsitort.

anything you hear about "upgrading speakers" before the rest of the system is talking crap and has never listened to a high end audio install before.

and im not talking alpine jvc or sony here...... im talking Nakimichi, Rainbow audio, Genesis... etc etc.:grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.