How many miles per tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lewis

How many miles do you guys get from a tank?

If you could tell me if it's a 1.0 or 1.3 too that would be nice.

Just curious - I drive a 1.0 and usually get 320 miles per tank (when I don't hammer it).

PS - Does anybody know the size of the fuel tank? I was running on the red line and managed to put 33litres of fuel in....

James

Chairman
Best i've managed is 300 miles in my 1.0 when i was being very right foot friendly :)

As for the fuel tank, its 42 litres :)

M

m1ck97

I've never filled it to the top and emptied it to see, but based on my needle, i get on average 100 miles from £10 fuel. I can put about £30 in. So roughly 300 miles from my tank

OP
OP
L

lewis

Thanks - I was worried I was about to run out of fuel that night too!

Most of my driving is on the motorway!

Allan

Ex. Club Member
1.0l
Bout 300miles. Most ive had is 331.

My Dad can get 400 to a tank in his 1.0l K11 but he drives it very conservatively all the time where as i don't.

paddymarsden

Iggy Iggy oooooooooo
i got 320 to a full tank when i had my 1.0, i allways filled it up at once because if you just put a fiver or a tenner in at a time you dont get that 'little bit extra' ive noticed if you fill it up to the top say £30 it lasts more miles than if you where to do 3 lots of £10

madmezza

Ex. Club Member
I drive mine the same journey every weekday - 75 miles motorway in the morning and 75 miles back in the evening.

I fill up every 2 days, with about £27 (at about 87p per litre) - so that's about 300 miles from 31litres, so a 42l tank should give me just about 400 - although I think 360-370 is about when the fuel light comes on.

I've got a 1.3l K11, incidentally.

C

cazxx

about 240 to a tank. mines a 1.0. but sometimes i park up and leave my car runnin for a few hours to keep warm, dunno how much that uses!

OP
OP
L

lewis

Moral of the story.....

.....the 1.3's use about the same as a 1.0......decisions decisions :D

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
lewis said:
Moral of the story.....

.....the 1.3's use about the same as a 1.0......decisions decisions :D

All depends how you drive it though. I managed the 327 without going about 60, not accelerating hard and not going higher than 2500 on the revs when changing gear.

madmezza

Ex. Club Member
Yep - my job is kewl!

And incidentally I have a CVT gearbox, so maybe that's where the extra efficiency comes from. I'm suprised I get a bit more than everyone else though, as I do kane it a bit on the motorway!

chrissy

Ex. Club Member
does anyone have actual figures for the 1.0l fuel tank size as ive ran my car for two days with the needle off the dial at the bottom then thought mmmmmmmm mum will not be impressed when i fone her to tell her ive ran out of motion potion and i need a lift so went to fill it up and it took 34 litres from empty to full now i know there is some fuel in the pump, filter, lines etc but surely not 3 litres (goin on mean micras 37 litre guestimation)

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
Well now I have the manifold, decat, catback and extra air intake on the car, the fuel consumption has actually got better. I managed 313 miles and that was giving it a good bit of stick most of the time.

Driving slower I managed 340. I have had my car in the red and it takes 34 litres before stopping.

Dusk

Deactivated Account
I find that when filling up, i turn the nozzle upside down - stops the annoying "click" you get when you pull the trigger too much.
Upside down, trigger all the way down... fill it fast :D

tse_adam

Micra Attitude
im surprised to see that my 1.4 gets the same fuel consumption as you 1.0L guys. its not even that i am being conservative with my right foot, i do boot it when i need to but 10 pounds for 100 miles is achievable everytime!

Gemma85

banished to the buses
god mine is only about 260 but I drive just round the doors all day so roundabouts, traffi lights ect does that matter. i need my tracking done tho so that could be contributing

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
I get about 300-320 per tank,

best I managed was about 400 when my car was making strange noises, gear boxes don't seem to like running without oil!!! Was hardly touching the pedals coz I was scared :|

neilos

Ex. Club Member
Ahhhh, this is what I was looking for...:laugh:

When I had my '99 1.0 Micra I could easily get about 380 miles out the little thing.

Then I moved up to a '02 1.0 with air con and this dropped to about 280, and thats without using the air con.

I chucked it back at Nissan and they said since the '99 models, the emissions where changed on the engines...fwn

I've now got a 2001 1.4 with air con and i'm just wondering what mpg I'm going to be getting with this one.

Allan said:
1.0l
Bout 300miles. Most ive had is 331.

My Dad can get 400 to a tank in his 1.0l K11 but he drives it very conservatively all the time where as i don't.

exactly the same as me, also the same with my old man he gets so much more than me, he get like 390.

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
i get 360 miles driving it a bit hard and i get close to 400 driving it normal. And both them miles are on a full tank which cost's 27 euro's to fill. But my mates tank takes 45 euro's to fill and he gets 280 miles to a tank. Im happy with my mileage, its so economical.

mine eats it i average 40mpg a tank last around 280 if im lucky normally wider tyres and bore exhasut do make it noticeable worse thou especially induction kits mine well knackered the petrol consumption when i had mine installed.

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
when i went cornwall st ives it was 360miles total from mine and i filled up once before i went £30 and made it to just past bodmin. Think i got about 320 miles and that was doing majority 70mph the odd 80-90mph too as it was all motorway or national speed limit dual carrageway (A30). Mines running 1.3 catted janspeed manifold, fse, 1.6tb and 1.6ecu.

How many miles do you guys get from a tank?

If you could tell me if it's a 1.0 or 1.3 too that would be nice.

Just curious - I drive a 1.0 and usually get 320 miles per tank (when I don't hammer it).

PS - Does anybody know the size of the fuel tank? I was running on the red line and managed to put 33litres of fuel in....

My 1.0 rot box is averaging 50-55 mpg, but then its on standard wheels, with nissan standard air filter and exhaust, no heavy sound gear!:doh: but I do tend to push on fairly hard :suspect::wasntme::wasntme:(within the speed limits of course) :suspect::wasntme::wasntme:

Ahhhh, this is what I was looking for...:laugh:

When I had my '99 1.0 Micra I could easily get about 380 miles out the little thing.

Then I moved up to a '02 1.0 with air con and this dropped to about 280, and thats without using the air con.

I chucked it back at Nissan and they said since the '99 models, the emissions where changed on the engines...fwn

I've now got a 2001 1.4 with air con and i'm just wondering what mpg I'm going to be getting with this one.

:down::down:Air con will cost you up to 6mpg approx :eek::eek:, we tried it on a couple of company cars and the running in the summer averaged out 6 mpg less ( my own celica, boss' audi a4, rep's golf tdi and a couple of sprinter mini busses) than for the same vehicles in autumn

mike

I love Ed!!!!
Thread locked as its over three years old, it had a hard life so it wants to go back to sleep.

:stewieloc

Status
Not open for further replies.