how many miles per gallon is everyone getting

i have a 99 1.0/manual 3door micra, with a subwoofer in the hatch area that weighs about 45kg's
and i just started to track the mile per tank and whatnot on my car the last few times i put fuel in

on 20liters i pulled 180miles,
and then on 20 liters i pulled 185miles
and then again on 20 liters i pulled 190miles
and then i topped the tank off and im still useing that fuel, but as of right now i have alittle over 1/2 tank left and im at 210miles, but this time around im trying to not drive the car hard and not speed around everywhere

im about to do a oil change on the car because i have around 4kmiles on the current oil
and i did air and fuel filter with the last oil change,
i have 104k miles, dont know if the plugs and wires have ever been changed but the engine seems to be running good right now, so im gonna leave the plugs and wires alone for now

I average around 47 mpg commuting to work and thats sitting at 80 most of the way. I managed about 80 mile out of around 7 1/2 litres driving like an old man, catterick to selby then york and back so a mix of motorway and urban driving.

frank

Club Member
I get 150 miles each time i put 20 quid in the last 6 or 7 top ups, and 160 miles from the previous 1.0 engine with 2 mm headskim (very mixed driving)

skymera

Brutal Honesty
I'm not too sure as I have nothing telling me how many miles between fuel ups.

Last time I calculated it was about 44MPG, but since then it's decat, lambda sensor is disconnected and I drive like a knob sometimes.

I'll work it out in the coming days.

Smc92

Ex. Club Member
Im in a 1ltr and worked out around 34MPG but thats mixed driving, I could probably increase that, it costs me £40 to fill it aswell

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
My dCi 86 is doing between 49 and 54mpg per tank at the moment. Was expecting more but have heard these engines takes 10's of 1000's of miles to loosen up a bit.

In my 1990 1.0 K10 Ls i got about 35 MPG
...The 97 1.0 K11 I had gave me closer to 45MPG
and in my current 2005 K12 I get 65MPG (1.5 dci 82 engine)... before i first changed the air and pollen filters 2and a half years ago i was only getting 58MPG tops, they were both properly bunged up...previous owner apparently wasn't all that bothered (t'was an estate agent's in stockport) has been serviced regularly by me...well...mostly my dad....since

Although i probably drive like a stereotypical micra driver...not exactly quick :p

Since owning my 1.3 GX, I've averaged 35mpg. But it had next to no gearbox oil due to a leaking seal, engine oil that looked like it had been in there since it was sold. Two oil changes in a week sorted that out & binding brakes at the front. Since replacing those mpg has crept up & from a full tank I'm getting over 330 miles + now. I drive hard & only sometimes on commute take it easy if not running late.

Sent from my  iPhone® using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J
went on a road trip and filled up before the road trip, i put 22liters in and i was at 230miles street driving and with the road trip miles i pulled 385 going 70mph, when i refueled i put 38.5liters in,
it seems as if my cg10 gets the same on the highway or street driving

im gonna build a intake pipe system for the car, just need to get a cone filter, got some tube and im about to bend it up, well see how it comes out in a few weeks

i donno how to work out or what ever but my light came on and i put £2O in gave me almost half tank ;) came back on after 144miles thats after street driving at speed limits tryed to strech my fule this time ;), if anyone could tell me how many mpg im getting id be grateful :)its a 1996/7 cg1O :) and fule was 138.9if thats helps :p.

skymera

Brutal Honesty
leon said:
i donno how to work out or what ever but my light came on and i put £2O in gave me almost half tank ;) came back on after 144miles thats after street driving at speed limits tryed to strech my fule this time ;), if anyone could tell me how many mpg im getting id be grateful :)its a 1996/7 cg1O :) and fule was 138.9if thats helps :p.

I work it to be 45mpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Guy

Club Member
£20 / £1.38 = 14.49L
14.49L / 4.54 = 3.192 gallons
144 / 3.192 = 45.1 MPG :).

i have a 99 1.0/manual 3door micra, with a subwoofer in the hatch area that weighs about 45kg's
and i just started to track the mile per tank and whatnot on my car the last few times i put fuel in

on 20liters i pulled 180miles,
and then on 20 liters i pulled 185miles
and then again on 20 liters i pulled 190miles
and then i topped the tank off and im still useing that fuel, but as of right now i have alittle over 1/2 tank left and im at 210miles, but this time around im trying to not drive the car hard and not speed around everywhere

im about to do a oil change on the car because i have around 4kmiles on the current oil
and i did air and fuel filter with the last oil change,
i have 104k miles, dont know if the plugs and wires have ever been changed but the engine seems to be running good right now, so im gonna leave the plugs and wires alone for now

Try running on half to three quarters of a tank and you will get more cos your not lugging all that extra weight around. I get 165 miles to 20 quid out of my 1.3 GX.

SirChris

Educated Bodger
I'm not too sure as I have nothing telling me how many miles between fuel ups.

Last time I calculated it was about 44MPG, but since then it's decat, lambda sensor is disconnected and I drive like a knob sometimes.

I'll work it out in the coming days.
Dude I think your driving like a nob is a daily for most of use... you drive so reserved I wish I could!

skymera

Brutal Honesty

Well I've just registered back to Fuelly to keep track of all my fuel ups and MPG.

My K11 doesn't have a trip dial so relying on my odometer reading. My rolling radius is a tiny bit smaller than stock so my MPG won't be entirely accurate but hoping over time to be accurate enough.

SirChris

Educated Bodger
It would be cool if there was an app you can put on an old phone which tracks your car and what not. GPS to know when you pull in for fuel and stuff.

Guy

Club Member
Dude I think your driving like a nob is a daily for most of us

Agreed Chris, I drive mine with a very heavy right foot and got 55 mpg out of the last full tank in the detective chief inspector :D.

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
i get around 230 on a full tank, costs just under 40 to fill it up and thats with mixed driving, If i go for the likes of Shell V Power Fuel i get more miles per tank :)

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
Well with shell V Power I am currently on 230Miles with a quarter of a tank left, not bad for the first time ive used V Power :p and my Exhaust is now fixed so it makes a nice noise so I haven't exactly been driving economically :p

skymera

Brutal Honesty
So would you say the increased mpg easily outweighs the 8p difference per litre?

I've been getting between 45-46mpg this week

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
currently yes I would say that, normally I only get around 230 miles out of a tank of fuel with mixed driving, but I recon I will get about 260-270 out of this tank and the car does feel a lot more responsive and even the exhaust sounds nicer, But that might just be me :p try it sometime?

skymera

Brutal Honesty
I shall this week.

£20 got me 149miles @ 133.9p/L, mostly motorway and some town driving so it's round about 300+ miles for full tank?

I drive pretty conservatively, 56-60mph on the motorway, sometimes 70-75 and speed limits around town.

nathan.warren69

Ex. Club Member
I recon you could easily get 300 with the way that you drive :) currently v power is 1.38 P/L where I live and 1.33 P/L for normal which is why I was fine paying the difference but I would be happy to do like 10p a mile more for what it does to the car :)

skymera

Brutal Honesty
138.9 here too, I'll get £20 worth and check my mpg. I got 149miles for £20 this week so if Vpower can match or get near ill keep using it :)