How is this part called and where can I find it? - K12

Hello you all and thank you for sharing your enthusiasm and experience with the Micra.

I wonder if anyone could kindly tell me what is the name of the part - circled in red - used on the rear bumper on the pictures attached.

How is this effect done?

Many thanks for any help.

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 196
  • 602005_0588.jpg
    602005_0588.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 172
Possibly its called a bumper diffuser.
I cannot find exact part to confirm but that is the name for such items placed on a rear bumper.

How is it done it screws onto the bumper and will only work with the ones that have the curve present.
So micra dci has along with 160sr and a few other facelifts etc have similar shape at the bumper.
Mine is an S model and the bumper does not have this shape as far as I'm aware.

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Yep that's the 'diffuser' section of the bumper, but it can't be detached from the rest of the bumper i.e. the rear bumper is all one unit. So you'd be best off looking for a complete rear bumper.

If you're UK-based, I'd just recommend keeping an eye out at vehicle breakers. Synetiq are quite good for parts - https://www.synetiq.co.uk/breaking-vehicles/#

Hope that helps.

Yep that's the 'diffuser' section of the bumper, but it can't be detached from the rest of the bumper i.e. the rear bumper is all one unit. So you'd be best off looking for a complete rear bumper.

If you're UK-based, I'd just recommend keeping an eye out at vehicle breakers. Synetiq are quite good for parts - https://www.synetiq.co.uk/breaking-vehicles/#

Hope that helps.
Yea that's also who I was going to suggest.
Had an offer on one I was looking at on eBay but that ones in the wrong colour for mine and I don't really have any funds left for improving the exterior looks ATM..
It was about 50 ish with postage.
That is a decent price if you really need the part. Just having to paint it kills any saving unless you can do it yourself.

Synetiq will have a cleaner one if your willing to wait for the right one.

Also something I forgot to mention. You can buy after market diffusers. So if you know how to fix one to the one you already have. Picking the right shape you could possibly get the standard rear bumper to look similar.

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Last edited:
OP
OP
R
thank you again for all these suggestions.

It is really fun I find to try to restyle a good old little car like the K12 that served us well.

I actually thought of changing the car... but going around car dealers I find is such an unpleasant experience that I prefer to spend time and money try to rejuvenate my old little car.

The part you are looking for is called a "Fascia rear bumper" there are two parts listed for this but I will give you the generic code: 85022-AX640.

It is possible to hot weld a new one on if you can get one. The bumper is moulded without this fascia, which is then fitted to the bumper afterwards.

Hope this helps, whilst you have got the bumper off you may take the opportunity to modify this area so you can put on a chrome tail pipe of your choice! :unsure: