How Good Are KYB Shockers?

AntMat

Ex. Club Member
We decided to approach KYB to see if they could help with the supply of shockers and any other suspension items for the TEAM MISS DAISY Mongol Rally '07 K11 Micra :k11yellow . The approach was via KYB's UK PR company and after hearing nothing for three weeks I phoned to be told that KYB were not interested.

I had informed them of the nature of the event including the fact that it was a money raising event for charity - in this case Mercy Corps.

I was told in no uncertain terms that KYB would not entertain the idea for company reasons. Now considering that we had offered, if necessary, to pay cost price for 6 units (inc. 2 spares) it occurred to me that they were worried that their product might not last the course!

Are they any good?

Anybody else have ideas about other sensibly priced gas units?

I doubt its anything to do with that, some companies just dont want to give away parts for nothing, whatever the cause.

I had KYB gas shocks on my Super S K10 and they were fantastic. A really smooth comfortable ride, even with an engine in the boot. Id highly recommend them - for general use. With the conditions you'l be facing, i'd just get two sets of standard ones and change them when they fail.

well, its the company not the shocks..

my company "halfords" has refused to show a stall at the local car meet in grimsby as its "not big enough" yet max power, Men and motors TV and fast car are coming down to film it...

its all for charity £80 per stand and its for the "when you wish uppon a star charity and last year saw 10,000 people,

the owner of the club orginising it said that he will turn his skyline into a "halfords" show car and buy all his bits at halfords if we have a stand..

but they dont wanna know..

not cos theyre heartless, but cos they have so much on and a local "show" or even a sponsorship just isnt their priority..

the shocks ive heard are quite good..

hey i have spare kyb oil shocks back in london you can have all of them for £20.

i use KYB gas shocks on my march they are great cannot fault them at all!!

Back