How fast can a 1.0l go?

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
Wasn't sure to do this in general or here.

I have a stock K11, kept it that way because I'm 19 and insurance is expensive!!

But I'm just wondering what is the best anyone has ever got out of a 1l by modifying but keeping it 1.0?

What are the best things to do?

Improved air feed. either using the standard air box with a panel filter and an improved supply to this or an induction kit with a good air feed to this.

Manifold, lose the stock manifold with cat and replace with a nice free flowing 4-2-1 manifold. Janspeed is the common choice but there are others out there.

Also a cat back system, Large diameter pipe.

De-cat is optional but is not road legal.

Other things to consider
CAMs, either using 1.3 cams or piper reprofiled cams
Forced induction, either supercharged or turbocharged, although this is not a cheap option.
Also to make the most of any modifications a re-map is vital!!

4 branch manifold, cat back exhaust would be the best power improvement mods....

as for power figures, maybe 70bhp at the flywheel? thats about 10more bhp from standard...

mine must have been 70ish (with the pipers and exhaust mods), but i had to rev the nuts off it tho :glance:

Mine is a non modified, probably not even serviced for a long while, and managed to crack the National Speed Limit Barrier, I was really over the moon when that needle just went past the 70MPH on the dial!!!:laugh:

i thaught 16.5 was a bad time when we were at santa pod.... guess not then..lol
i have driven a 1.0 and remembered having my foot flat to the floor in second waiting for the power to come in, and it never did, it just hit the limiter..lol

i got a k11 micra 1.0L n its goes but it takes a while to go.. got myn off the clock.. (on own land lol) he says lol.. will 1.3 cams fit straight in..

Is it better to have the induction kit running over the engine to the front, behnd the grill. Heat wrapped of course.

Or to the side behind the battery?

Also what wud the power bands be of the two different lenths? As the longer the induction pipe the higher the up the rev range the power will be.

i got mine to 120 and it was still pulling some woman pulled out and made me slow down gutted of course it was not standard had the turbo on it Laugh

hey i got 80mph out of a standend 1.0l in 4 gear with 4 pepole in and boot full of shopping

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea-cosy, doesnt try it on

i got 160 out of mine when i was being towed by a skyline :p

sorry i no that wasnt nesesary...but it just carrys on with wat everyone else was saying

if were talking about top speeds, i had mines limiting in 5th gear, cant go no faster beat that :D:D nobody can tell me what speed that is :(

i dont condome (condone?? is it? lol whatever) speeding on public roads... but have seen 110 out of a standard 1.3.

same hea!!! after being in a cupple of crashes (i wasnt driveing) i dont speed its not worth it, if anythink i woud say insted of thinking "wot can i get top end" why not look at it like how fast can i get to 70mph even though that isnt 100% safe nd that but atleast ur within the law

if were talking about top speeds, i had mines limiting in 5th gear, cant go no faster beat that :D:D nobody can tell me what speed that is :(

I put up the speeds in each gear up a while ago. maybe you missed it. Ons tandard wheels and tyres, at 7000 RPM thats 139.5. So your probably doing ~135.

same hea!!! after being in a cupple of crashes (i wasnt driveing) i dont speed its not worth it, if anythink i woud say insted of thinking "wot can i get top end" why not look at it like how fast can i get to 70mph even though that isnt 100% safe nd that but atleast ur within the law

depends how much your car torque steers :D

who cares about top end! I certainly don't, I've had 111 out of mine standard and not bothered trying since. How many race cars ever hit top speed ay.....

either that or when you fit bigger wheels your speedo is out and your going faster than what the dial is showing but i doubt that very much

Hmm personally I've had 98 out of mine, but the exhaust had blown all the muffle out a few weeks before and I just hadn't got around to getting it fixed!

It sounded great when the exhaust was like that. I was so sad when I got it fixed!

I wish my insurance wasn't so darn expensive!

Back