How do you wire Starter Buttons

Titch

Micra K11ng
How do you wire Starter Buttons into the micra? Got a button that will do it, but not sure what to wire it into.
Titch :kungfu:

yeah other than looking through you hayns manual and delving with a multimeter i wouldnt like to say as i carnt be 100%. if you get the instructions. atleast you have a basic guide and you can post it up! LOL

Depends on how you want to fit it, I got one where I have to switch electrics on with key still (working one a switch for that too). j.a.kelly is ya best bet as he showed me how to fit mine

Thats pretty much what i've been looking for. Want it so when you put the keys to acc on, all you have to do is push the button. So it makes it no key - no start.
Titch

i'd have to look.

you need to take off ur steering wheel and take a look at the back of the ignition lock. it should be large wires that opperate the relay for the starter motor.

the other problem is that it makes your car easier to hot wire.

and i can't be bothered to go out to my car, rip it apart, figure out the wiring and take photos. Sorry :p

but maybe if i see one i like then i'll have to work it out and then i'll let you know....

I think that it is the large white and green one that you need, I nkowthat this goes into the fusebox...

Light%20Bulb.gif

Ive had an idea. lol

I have been looking into adding a starter button, not the tech side of things yet, but I was wondering if it was possible to incorporate the keyless entry from the k12 into this, so u dont have to put the keys in the ignition, all u need to do is have the keys on u and press the button and the car will start. :devil:

You probaly could get rid of the l;ock barrell, I was thinking about it but didn't think it very practical for the benifit.
I am sure you could sort something like that out though, with a remote-control switch or something, maybe using a remote cnetral locking kit?

Nex - wouldn't worry getting hot wired, still need key to remove barrel lock and electrics on.

As for removing barrel lock, I hear you can get the lock "broken" so keep it on for viewing, then just as the button starts motor when electrics on, could have another switch to turn electrics on.

What ya reckon people, wouldn't mind doing this!

Get a decent alarm with several immobilisers and keyless entry.
Then why do you need a key?

You would need some form of switch board to power up the cars electrics however, or it could be done from a relay so when the keyless entry is used it turns on the electrics?

Two custom installed immobilisers would be almost impossible to find unless you had previously played with the car.

if its the same as a k10 there will be 2 thickish wires, 1 will b electrics and the other to start it. but i int sure if the wirin is the same or not.

what my uncle was gona do to his primera gt b4 he had his accident was to take the chip out of the nats key and incorporate it into some sort of keyfob, put ignition on a switch concelled out of the way somewhere, then to start engine flick switch, hold nats fob near to reciever and press start button, if the nats thing isnt near to the reciever then you just get the engine warning light and nowt happens duno how secure this would bebut then agen his house is out in the sticks

If you dont have your nats near the key fob, the engine just ticks over without starting it...
like when you change to a NATS ECU from a non nats ecu...

why dont you try a remote start alarm, i think there round about the same price as most if you buy off ebay? jus an idea :)

Back