• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

How do you remove the BCM

Hi I have just aquired a 55 plate Micra Sport +. The rear wiper is not working. The motor tests out OK so it has to be the wiring or BCM the problem is I can't figure out how to remove the BCM.
It is the black box at the front behind the radiator isn't it

Thanks in advance,

ColinJ

Thanks Chaps, I'll try that

I downloaded a service manual and to check the wiring from the BCM to the motor you need access to terminals 71 and 23 of the BCM. Problem is I can't find the BCM (I think its the black box near the radiator). If it is how do you get access to these connections ?

ColinJ

Better to avoid interfering with the BCM if possible, by more simply doing a hard reset of the BCM by disconnecting the car battery for 10 minutes & then re-entering the radio security pin code number.
BCM is under the headlamp assembly & is upside down, thus terminals v difficult to access.

Good luck

Last edited:
Gents,

The reset worked !! Many thanks.

Actually, removing the motor wasn't a complete waste of time as I found one of the mounting brackets hanging in space as the spot welds had failed. Two self tappers reattached it.

ColinJ

Micronistas,

My rear wiper problem is back and another BCM reset was required. I recall my SEAT Toledo exhibiting a similar problem with its 'Convenience Unit' when the central locking would not extinguish the flashers thus draing the battery. It turned out to be a relay in the CU which I managed to replace. It wasn't easy as the relay was soldered to the circuit board. However I trained as an electronucs technician which helped.
This leads me to believe the same problem may exist with the Micra BCM. I think it unlikely that Nissan would use a transistor to switch a shunt wound DC wiper motor when a relay would do a better job of dealing with inrush currents.
My question is has anyone seen a photo of the internals of the BCM with the components identified ?

ColinJ

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Gents,

The reset worked !! Many thanks.

Actually, removing the motor wasn't a complete waste of time as I found one of the mounting brackets hanging in space as the spot welds had failed. Two self tappers reattached it.

ColinJ
Funny you should say that, I also had to re-attach on mounting bracket where the spot weld had failed.....