How do you guys find wheels to fit your car? I'm really struggling.

So I'm familiar with the firments I need but everything I find seems to only suit Ford, VW or Minis.

I know I can use spigot rings for an oversized bore but every wheel seems to have a bore slightly smaller.

I've noticed some people on here are using wheels that I can't find in fitments for a Micra. So what gives guys where are you getting all of these wheels.

P.S anyone looking to sell some small (13") wide (preferably 6-7j) wheels feel free to share them. I've it cash waiting for new shoes.

I wouldn't completely trust centre bore sizes. I measured mine and it came out as 58.?? And as a result the 14x6.5 BBS wheels off a polo (57.?cb) have fitted straight on with just a 5mm slip on spacer to help.. Alternatively I think a few minutes with a flap wheel in a drill would have had them straight on but I preferred to leave the alloys alone if I could help it.
I'd just find something cheap with a close-but-not-quite fit and experiment a bit.. It's worked here!

Attachments

• IMG_20160821_195857329.jpg
    IMG_20160821_195857329.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 350
I wouldn't completely trust centre bore sizes. I measured mine and it came out as 58.?? And as a result the 14x6.5 BBS wheels off a polo (57.?cb) have fitted straight on with just a 5mm slip on spacer to help.. Alternatively I think a few minutes with a flap wheel in a drill would have had them straight on but I preferred to leave the alloys alone if I could help it.
I'd just find something cheap with a close-but-not-quite fit and experiment a bit.. It's worked here!

Wow that worked out really well for you! I agree I would hate to mess about with a wheel and risk its structural integrity. I'm not an engineer so I don't think I should mess around with actual engineer's work

I'm also struggling with the fact that no one wants to post wheels over here to Northern Ireland. May have just landed a really nice set of wheels which should fit with a set of spigots alone. Fingers crossed.

Good luck.
Its not all bad for you in NI -you guys seem to have more ready access to some JDM imports and March bits then then we do.

Good luck.
Its not all bad for you in NI -you guys seem to have more ready access to some JDM imports and March bits then then we do.

Really?

I guess you do see more imports from Japan come in from the Republic. Seen some really nice cars down there. Shame car theft's such a Problem, which is made easier as Japanese imports don't have chipped car keys.

I bought a set of Wheels. the fitments are ok but I'm unsure if they'll fit on a Micra.

I love these particular wheels so when I saw a set on eBay I couldn't help myself and bought them (not one for impulse purchases but I guess I went nuts looking for wheels). Just recently re-furbished and havent yet been used with a new set of tyres posted over to me for around £300

They're gorgeous but at 14" 8j actually using them might be impossible.

steffan rs.jpg

te0w0nN

I bought a set of Wheels. the fitments are ok but I'm unsure if they'll fit on a Micra.

I love these particular wheels so when I saw a set on eBay I couldn't help myself and bought them (not one for impulse purchases but I guess I went nuts looking for wheels). Just recently re-furbished and havent yet been used with a new set of tyres posted over to me for around £300

They're gorgeous but at 14" 8j actually using them might be impossible.

View attachment 50771

Ok so I don't want to start a new thread asking more questions about wheels so I'm just going to bump this thread and if anyone sees it and helps me out then sweet.

So the wheels were just refurbished but the colour doesn't match my car at all. I want to have them refinished in polished silver or maybe even done in a split rim finish (they're obviously not real splits). Does anyone know how to achieve the polished silver finish, is it simply a case of blasting the wheels to remove the paint and then polishing? I think this might be my cheapest option if it is.

If you blast them it'll take ages to polish them up. You're best off having them dipped or use some paint stripper. They'll be easier to polish then.

I guess I should share a pic of my Jellybean with the wheels (or a wheel),

sizes re 14"x8J 15 offset and lowered 40mm. Good bit of poke but I like it that way.
JELLLYMEAN.JPG

edit: because of the low profile tyres the wheels actualy take up less space in the arches than my 13" steels :'D

Back