How do I remove my radiator grille?

S

SiMonTisT

I've been trying for the past hour to remove those damned inaccessible clips (the ones under the headlight).

The Haynes manual was completely unhelpful, it doesn't even mention those clips.

(Car is a 1995 Super S, before the minor 1996 facelift)

Oh, and is there any way to change the driving light bulbs without removing the driving lights? The bolt holding it on is seized :(

R

RIK

think thers two smal screws at the FLAT side of the light in the gap,,to take the lense off,,iirc

and the rad..have you taken the top rail off? the part with the bonnet catch on? undo the four bolts and lift it up/out of the way,,and the rad should be free then

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
under the grill are some square lookin srcew heads, turn these about 45 degree ang give a slight pull on the grill, being carefull not to break anything.
should be able to change said bulbs from behind if you remove splash guard under bumper.

OP
OP
S

SiMonTisT

But the problem is that I can't even see the clips through the space where the screwdriver should go.

There just doesn't seem to be enough room to fit a screwdriver through there.

I only know there are clips there because I put my hand round behind the headlight and felt them. I can see them if i use a mirror and flashlight.

Am I missing something here? My brother had a 1996 micra with the slightly newer grille, and I could remove that one easily enough when a headlight had to be replaced.

EDIT:

Ok, I just jammed the screwdriver in there and hoped for the best. I must've put it all under enormous strain, but my grille is now off.

R

RIK

yeah,was gunna say ,just rag it off and when you put it back on it does matter if it clips in on those under the lights cos they dont do much

its the centre ones that i used,cos i broke them ragging it off

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
not the right advice here but them screws had my tits done in, i just put the driver behind n prized it off, good thing is it didnt damage those clips, went back on easy enought tho!