how do i remove aribox from the throttle body ? 1998 micra 1.0

L.Williams

soundcloud.com/lwilliamsmusic
dunno how to remove the iarbox from the throttle body, its a micra 1.0 evaluation, i need to fit my induction filter :( i can only find one screw that un does it, but it wont budge PICS >?????????

theres a big jubilee clip around the mouth of the throttle body... It will need twisting and wiggling... they are rather stuck on there.

there's also a screw to the right, near the breather pipe.

Undo that and the jubileeand the box will pull off with a bit of twisting.

If it still doesn't come off, shout at it.

there's also a screw to the right, near the breather pipe.

Undo that and the jubileeand the box will pull off with a bit of twisting.
thanks bro, youve always helped me out on here haha, cheers! right i know the screw, only it wont undo? is it always that tight ? its not rusted, just looks really gunky and oily, any tools i could use ? haha

thanks bro, youve always helped me out on here haha, cheers! right i know the screw, only it wont undo? is it always that tight ? its not rusted, just looks really gunky and oily, any tools i could use ? haha
Trying to cast my mind back, are you able to fit a 8mm or 10mm socket over the top and undo it that way?

Trying to cast my mind back, are you able to fit a 8mm or 10mm socket over the top and undo it that way?
over the top of the screw ? ive got a twist socket, well my dads, and it has loaddssssss of little pins, that once pushed onto a bolt will grip it, if you get me ? fits any size

This one yes?
rrDA4.jpg

Looks like you can fit a small socket over it. But if you're not bothered you can pull the airbox off and it'll just snap off.

This one yes?
rrDA4.jpg

Looks like you can fit a small socket over it. But if you're not bothered you can pull the airbox off and it'll just snap off.
yeahhh thats the little prick! haha and okay man cheers, my test in 11 days, better ****in pass this one! jheeze

• unzip and detach the inlet pipe from the airbox
  • the airbox is anchored to the engine via a 10mm bolt under the airbox inlet port. use a socket cos its kinda tight. I once forgot bout the bolt and snapped the plastic mount off when i pulled the airbox off. it's not essential anyway
  • look under the airbox from the drivers side and there's a jubilee clip clamping the airbox to the TB. loosen the clip with a 8mm thin long socket or screwdriver
  • also loosen the small spring clip on the engine cover L-breather pipe so u don't snap the plastic pipe off when removing the airbox, I use molegrips to hold the spring clip open
  • grab the front and back of the airbox and tilt/rock it back n forth whilst pulling up till it comes off the TB
  • pop the breather L-pipe off the engine cover
  • there maybe a thin vacuum line under the airbox
ps, i smear abit of wd40 on the inside of the rubber hoses and rubber airbox/TB coupling so they slide on more easily before tightening the clamps

• unzip and detach the inlet pipe from the airbox
  • the airbox is anchored to the engine via a 10mm bolt under the airbox inlet port. use a socket cos its kinda tight. I once forgot bout the bolt and snapped the plastic mount off when i pulled the airbox off. it's not essential anyway
  • look under the airbox from the drivers side and there's a jubilee clip clamping the airbox to the TB. loosen the clip with a 8mm thin long socket or screwdriver
  • also loosen the small spring clip on the engine cover L-breather pipe so u don't snap the plastic pipe off when removing the airbox, I use molegrips to hold the spring clip open
  • grab the front and back of the airbox and tilt/rock it back n forth whilst pulling up till it comes off the TB
  • pop the breather L-pipe off the engine cover
  • there maybe a thin vacuum line under the airbox

you absolute legend, shall i buy a vent filter now then yes ?

for the exposed engine cover breather port, yea

note: maybe check with ur local MOT guy cos someone picky on a bad day may see it as venting fumes straight to atmos

also if the engine is worn n has alot of blowby or turboed, the filter on the breather may become soaked with oil after awhile

Back