how do I go about finding an outer CV rubber gaiter / boot ?

funky2nite

Ex. Club Member
noticed a split in d/s rubber/boot gaiter on the outer CV joint, obviously I'd rather replace the gaiter before water and dust gets in the joint itself and it'd need replacement.

am finding difficult finding just the rubber gaiter for the outer Cv joint k11 1.0

thanks guys,

Ian - Malta

J&R do a universal set - quite easy to trim to size... £7.99 for a pair of two on ebay, with grease, a fitting cone, clamps, etc

This is the one I bought:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170832532134?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Don't let the title fool you, it's a universal kit (or at least not a K11 specific one)... The cone allows you the fit the gaiter without removing the CV joint... (howto here: )

Personally, I find it easier to take the joint off... but on some cars that's hard... hence the cone :)

M

Thanks man will have a good look at it once I get home. Thaks again pal. Much appreciated.

No problem :)

Getting to grips with the K11... there are some really odd things going on in the engine bay!
Am doing my bike lessons since thats my only hope of being able to look after my precioua k11 which is quite in a sorry state due to my financial situation. Already bought some bits andbobs off breaker

Back