How do I call this - and where can I buy it?

Hi guys

First thing, hello - nice to be here. My name is Wojtek, I live in Edinburgh and I am a K12 owner. I am in trouble :)

Lately, I've been hearing noise going from underneath the car. When I checked, I discovered that the metal piece of cover that slots between the floor and the exhaust misses three nuts on one side, and hangs just on three on the other. I want to buy missing nuts and to screw them in place but, for the love of god, I can't figure out how these things are called...

I've found a part description here: (11: 'Clip') http://nissan4u.com/parts/micra/el_..._panel_rear_and_floor_fitting/illustration_4/ but, naturally, typing this into eBay does nothing.

Can someone tell me what the name is of the nut next to green tick on the bottom photograph here, please (enlarged with the question mark)? What should I look for?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5gku79kysqzzrf/micrabit.jpg

It's a strange nut with some cone-like, butterfly shaped wings... I know, it sounds weird. Please have a look, maybe you will be able to help!

I might just replace these with some regular screws but I'd need some large washers to do that so I'd prefer an original part.

Please help!

Cheers
Wojtek

The part that's hanging off is the heat shield. Can't quite see what the bolts are like but are you sure the bolts have fallen all the way out & not just the heads snapped off? If they've snapped then the holes will be blocked preventing re-bolting.

Couple of options...

1.) Try get bolts from Nissan.
2.) Remove another bolt, go to B&Q & find a bolt of same size & thread & use those to re-attach shield
3.) Remove shield all together, I've done it before, causes no issues. Just important to remember to block up the open bolt holes...

Hope that helps!?

Guys - this is unbelievably helpful. Thanks so much!

I think I will try ordering the original part first. Bolts are there, sorry, my bad - it's nuts (clips) that are missing.

Thank you.

Back