How difficult is it to replace the front wing of a Micra?

Seen one for sale cheap on in my colour - Starburst Silver KLO and i've got a nice little bump on my wing that will probably cost more than the £40.00 for this part but only if I can do it myself.

Also is there any difference in size between a 3dr and 5dr version of the car. Mine is a 5dr but I think this one may be from a 3dr.

Mine is a 1998 K11c (facelift) and this is a 2002 K11 - which I also assume is the K11c facelift.

$(KGrHqN,!oUE63(fpTjqBO6hwhRI7Q~~60_12.JPG

frank

Club Member
i think the only difference in k11 wings is the hole for the repeater light reez,
and its basicly about 10 x 10mm bolts and some plastic clips holding it on :)

Antony

Ex. Club Member
lol, well its had 3 front RH wings... all spray painted in about 5 mins each... and the finish was better than the nissan rubish the rest of the car is painted in.... but the holes in the sills had rusted solid, so i snapped the bolts off, and punched through the retaining nuts in the sills....... cable ties and jobs a gooden.

mind you the entire grille and even the headlights were fitted with cable ties. passed the mot. :laugh::laugh:

Your going to find depending on age, that most of these dumb bolts shere off, i think i had like the 2 sill ones go + 2 inner ones go iirc o_O.

They're pretty weak little things, dont know if its work heating them up if you can with a heat gun and then letting them cool and trying, a good dose of penetrating fluid of sort may help also!

I did a wing change in my college car park, and when the sill bolts without the right tools went, i was there for hours :<,

Eventually i was able to bend the sill hole right appart to get the bolt out through it haha.

Sorry to pull this one back up. Tried removing the right hand front wing on my 2002 K11. Everything undid fine (including the sills!) but couldn't get the wing off from the under the headlamp. Do you need to undo the headlamp?

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Sorry to pull this one back up. Tried removing the right hand front wing on my 2002 K11. Everything undid fine (including the sills!) but couldn't get the wing off from the under the headlamp. Do you need to undo the headlamp?
Did mine last week.

I pulled my grill forward, undone the screw/bolt from the wing into the headlight housing and the wing pulled free :)