• This is an archive of the old Blogs system from the previous software. If you would like your blog entries moving/merging into the relevant forum/thread, please PM James. These blogs are READ ONLY. Replies CANNOT be made.

How and why I came across the Nissan Micra K11

Never done a blog before so please bare with me.

OK, my name is Colin and I live in Bradford with my wife Denise. We Have owned a 96 Range Rover for the past 4 years but we have been talking about getting a little run about for quite some time now, this was made for us when only last week ( 4.3.2010 ) our / her Range Rover fell sick.......again !! and was brought home by recovery truck, yet ,,again!!!!. They key fob has gone west and will not repair so it will be four weeks for new key to arrive from Land rover . Can not wait that long without a car she said so the next night we went of to find the new runabout as she needed a car for the weekend as she was working and needed transport fast. well we found one in the auto trader , and came home with a K Reg 1993 Nissan Micra K11 i think it is, 6 months test and tax. We had gone to look at the micra in our sons car ( Astra Sports ) so she was the one to drive the Micra home. It is a shed she said when we got home , its a 1993 car , what do you expect i said , well its your car she said and i want nothing to do with it, oh great i thought . I spent the weekend messing with the micra and wow it hit me, it brought all my past Mini days back to me , all the years I spent mending and maintaining them to keep the on the road came flooding back , and now i am hooked with the K11. So what's it like i hear you ask, well ...its a shed........ but a likeable shed. Its Gray with a few dints hear and there but everything works on it and it starts first turn of the key , 5 doors and alloy wheels . I am going to have a lot of fun looking after this little beasty in the future months to come, its a little flyer of a car and ho its got air horns as well.He he he .

Well that's all for now but i will put some photos of it very soon and will also add to this blog with the things / work i do on it , so now i have got transport and wife has not :p lol.

Hi taken some pics of my micra, please excuse the driveway as we have had the builders in.

2qdzubp.jpg
[/IMG]

33tmd5g.jpg
[/IMG]
New exhaust fitted today , well back box

ndrcsp.jpg
[/IMG]

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
you know you have done a NICE ONE when it reminds you of them shag out old 70's minis
these cars seriously grow on you and with me it felt like one old mitsibishi a guy had before
people like taking the bouncey springs down(new springs or.....) a bit to stop the bounce but er i am finding this bouncy bouncy handy with these newly developed pot holes(i have checked there is not a single piece of pot in these holes other wise i would be driving around day and night emptying these hole out) it is a realy nice suspension originaly keeping traction goin in and out of these holes BUT looks to high as is apparent with a look at some members rides - and never mind soon as it starts looking flash ya gurl will prob change er mind hmmmm as most them do these minis rule (micras)