Hot/warm starting problem (a real tricky one for someone!)

Have been watching this forum for a while now and decided to join as there is some great advice on here.

The problem i have is that i can not restart my micra when its warm/hot (normal operating temp).
I get in and it starts first time, drive to say the shop or petrol station, it gaets to normal mid scale operating temp, switch off and then when i try to restart again 5-10mins later, it won't. It cranks fine but just will not fire. If I leave it say 30-45 mins till the engine temp gauge comes down to cool then it will start again.
I have been getting some hesitation on acceleration lately and this morning replaced the spark plugs and air filter, but this has made no difference. Am going to change the CTS later as this was recommended by a friend.

Please help as its getting embarrassing :blush: pushing it out of the way at the petrol station to wait for it to cool down.!!!!

frank

Club Member
hi ollie :grinning: i would have said cts too, you could pull the fuelpump fuse out slightly then shove it back in before it cuts out eh

OP
OP
O
polly p - what is acc. Not sure what this is so don't know

When its running it drives fine. Its just getting it started when warm.

pollyp

Club Member
I meant does the warm engine start ok if you hold the accelerator open abit.
if yes then it could be the idle bleed screw behind the tb needs unscrewing to raise the warm idle speed abit to stop it stalling.

OP
OP
O
Finally seemed to have fixed this problem(Y).
New CTS fitted, along with dizzy cap and rotor arm as the contacts were covered in corrosion (white fur). Also did the resolder of the MAS on the throttle body. Not sure which one fixed it in the end, or if they all contributed but she starts from warm now and runs alot better.

Thanks to pollyp and frank for thier quick responses and help, hope i can return the favor some time!!

Hello everyone, I have a similar problem, my micra starts well when the engine is cold, let's say it starts immediately in the morning and I can drive all day, but the problem arises when I turn it off and when I go to the store for 10-15 minutes, then the micra will not to start, I have to try 2-3 times and only then it starts. To note that the smell of gasoline is felt outside and for the first few seconds as if it cannot establish normal operation, as soon as it stabilizes it goes great. Does anyone know what the problem is? Micra is 1995 year 1.0. Thank you!

Last edited: