hot K10 :(

i took the car out this morning (probably in negative degrees overnight)
Noticed the temp was higher than normal. Noticed that coolant was a tad low so topped it up to the max line (on the expansion tank, hot engine).

Seemed fined for about 30ish miles (normal temps)
then i stopped for a while. set off again and the temp shot almost to the top (gradually not straight there)

Stopped, engine bay was steaming so checked it out and it was spraying coolant from a medium sized pipe which seemed to be heading towards the intake mani (was spraying from the clamp).

Topped it up again (took a litre) then headed straight home (3ish miles)- the temp remained a steady high but not to the top of the dial.

Any ideas.
i want to replace all hoses as they are like a million years old, where's the best place to get these, and how much should i expect to pay?

Thanks,

Yeah sounds like you just burst a pipe, tbh if you take the old pipe off and measure it all you could buy some silicon piping off ebay and replace

you want plenty of anti freeze in there in this weather. careful if your toping it up with water at could freeze up overnight fwn

you want plenty of anti freeze in there in this weather. careful if your toping it up with water at could freeze up overnight fwn

Thanks alot for the advice guys, yeah when i first saw it rising my heart really sank, but being greeted with a dodgy hose actually made me a bit relieved lol.

Yeah i topped it up with some readymixed anti-freeze that i had in the boot (Y)

Can somebody tell me what the pipe going from the cylinder head to the intake manifold is? (MA10)

this was the one that was leaking the other night :s , it was only half on (manifold side)
the connection has oil in, but im quite sure it wasnt oil spraying out :s
the haynes manual shows this pipe on many diagrams but fails to mention what it is.

Thanks,

its fixed now.
Heater matrix bottom hose had a tiny hole in it
Replaced both hoses
refilled coolant/water
topped up oil.
= about half way up the gauge once warmed :)

Came to conclusion that 'mystery' pipe was some kind of oil breather

Back