• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Hoopdub's '99 K11 agent AP0

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
they were originally ET45, thats the mounting face +45mm off center on a 5 inch rim. now the front space has been made bigger, the center of the wheel has moved, making the mounting face of the wheel now 20mm off center on 7" rather than 45mm on a 5 inch? dont know if that makes sense.

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
298524_10151046842891976_294518804_n.jpg

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
The above pic, i trial fitted a 185/55/14 tyre, looked pony, so i wont be using them haha prob swap the 165s from my clio steels over, i did try one but couldnt get it to blow up in work, need a woosher :D

when i got home i did some obligatory "fit without tyres" shots, looks like i got the specs bang on :D

pic heavy sorry, i got excited

20120918_174416.jpg

20120918_174423.jpg

20120918_174431.jpg

20120918_174439.jpg

20120918_174458.jpg

20120918_174510.jpg

20120918_174711.jpg

20120918_174724.jpg

20120918_174734.jpg

20120918_174742.jpg

20120918_174812.jpg

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Excellent. You deserve another sticker for the other side - I might get round to sticking one in an envelope and sending it out eventually ;)

Not very imaginative I know, but I cant think of much to work well with your body colour, stock black or stock silver. Goldly orangy bronzey colour to pick up the orange in the indicators could work well too but would need to be a metallic.

they were originally ET45, thats the mounting face +45mm off center on a 5 inch rim. now the front space has been made bigger, the center of the wheel has moved, making the mounting face of the wheel now 20mm off center on 7" rather than 45mm on a 5 inch? dont know if that makes sense.

Sort of makes sense, yeah... Just not clued up on wheels at all which is why I'm struggling with the Rostyles... Looks like the dimensions you've gone for are spot on, but then you've got your arches rolled haven't you?

Need to figure out what ET and what band I can put on without doing any arch mods or anything?... Yours look fantastic though... can't wait for you to get some paint and rubber on! :p

blast and paint now :D what you think about the colour on the fabia in the one pic?

Is that the colour you're planning on the wheels? It's a nice colour... yours?

Excellent. You deserve another sticker for the other side - I might get round to sticking one in an envelope and sending it out eventually ;)

Not very imaginative I know, but I cant think of much to work well with your body colour, stock black or stock silver. Goldly orangy bronzey colour to pick up the orange in the indicators could work well too but would need to be a metallic.

What he said! :)

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
The fabia is one of my projects for the missed. Im having the drivers side painted next week, just thought i could get them done at the same time. Not realy feeling it though, was only a thought, same guy will be painting them anyway. Im looking at golds, was keeping it on the downlow. But whats the point lol. A dark gold, benson and hedges old packet type??

I'm guessing this is the kinda colour you're on about?... One word... YES! That would look schweet! :)
1870.jpg

Also, this is the type of colour I was on about but your choice looks so much better! Would go with the APO a treat!
XXR-006-COPPER_lg_super.jpg

th

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
nope, trying to get them blasted has been a mission tbh, going to have to do them by hand and then paint them myself also. sometimes your better off not having mates who "can do that" for you

Jay101

Black&Yellow
nope, trying to get them blasted has been a mission tbh, going to have to do them by hand and then paint them myself also. sometimes your better off not having mates who "can do that" for you
You'll appreciate them better doing a diy jobby. Mix and match the colours also weyhey! :D

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
I know lol, i dont want to sell it. But im sick of getting dicked about with the misses car, its looking like it may be easier to out this and use the money to fix her car. People on ebay who bid on things then dont come up with the money should be locked up!!!!

i may have to go for a drive in the misses car and accidentaly get hit by a flaming meteor, its that time of year apparently

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
Quite the kick in the bollox TBH just had to blow £400 on a new (scrappy) engine for the polo. only upside is its 3 cyl and light as poope. massive downside is im back in another VW till i can convince the wife to let me have a garage and a k11 track weapon :D

Quite the kick in the bollox TBH just had to blow £400 on a new (scrappy) engine for the polo. only upside is its 3 cyl and light as poope. massive downside is im back in another VW till i can convince the wife to let me have a garage and a k11 track weapon :D

You gave up your Micra for her... Surely thats enough convincing?

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
Im trying to recreate the essence of it in the form of a polo, banded steels on order :D ghetto top mount modding for more lows. will never be as good as the mighty Agent though.

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
Standard micra tail lights, ordered a set of LHD ones off german ebay to have the 2 reverse lights like Mr Jay said. or you could run 2 fogs so they are all red. i still have the LHD red one.

this is where my k11 bandeds ended up

IMG_8719.jpg

and my new ones :D

20121130_152101.jpg

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
standard steels made wider by this guy http://www.alonzecustom.co.uk/ the micra ones cost £50 a corner for any size band. My polo ones are £55 a corner because they are 16s. Im luck because i got the steels for free, so £200 for a set of pant wetting steels is a bargain :D but it gets expensive if your paying for wheels, paying for banding, the paying to get them painted, tyres etc etc

again, im lucky scrap yard perks :D

the work AC Fab do is top notch

20121130_152112.jpg

dressed and pressure tested, mazin'

Kamarley

If it aint Jap its Crap!
yeah i was gonna say ill get a set from the scrappy send them off and ill paint them myself.... then all i need to pay for is... scrappy prices,banding,paint cans, and tires

L.Williams

soundcloud.com/lwilliamsmusic
today, i fixed the blow on the exhaust. fitted the 15s properly, 6.5 rears 6s fronts, painted and fitted the nissan caps i ordered. removed the stoopid panel from the tailgate that vibrates like hell with any hint of bass, and also adjusted the tailgate striker :D

110520121904.jpg

110520121905.jpg

110520121906.jpg

110520121907.jpg

110520121908.jpg
that looks fresh, what size steels are they and from what car ?

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
the ones in them pics are 15s ones on the front are from a clio/early megane the rear ones are from a shake ya ass megane. 6.5" rears and 6" fronts. i had to run clio fronts because the offset of the rear ones made them rub on the coilovers on the front, epic fail. they will bolt straight upto a K11 but there is a half mm gap around the spigot, just have to make sure you do the nuts up properly. you cant get spigot rings that skinny. 165/50/15 tyres on them

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
^15"s, fronts are 5.5 (or 6) from a clio and slightly higher offset than the rears which are6 (or 6.5) from a Megane). Stock renault CB is larger than 59.1 and PCD is as skymera said 4x100 so they go straight on.

Edit, Mr Bognor is Toooo slow.
Got those tyres too, thank hoop. That's some enthusiastic wrapping!

got the grinder out with a nice abrasive on the end and removed the VW logo from the caps, will get the heat gun on them now to bring back the black, or maby get some nissan logos on there.

...and banged on a new sticker :D

20120915_162341.jpg

Also a good bit of news, had a text message from AC Fabrication, my wheels are finished, will be posted back to me monday :D

Where did you get the sticker from?? Its ace!!