• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Hoopdub's '99 K11 agent AP0

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
No the white one is a micra one i cut and welded shorter, the white paint is just primer :D i was luck with my old one, it popped of easy, not seized atal, and when i put it back on i made shure there was plenty of coppor grease on the pin so it wouldnt seize :D

i moved my pics to a different file on photobucket, and it killed the links, i will try and reboot them.

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
040920122190.jpg

040920122187.jpg

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
Washed it yesterday, second time in the 12 months i have owned it, getting to be a habbit :D banged on some black grills, still unsure on them though, may put the chrome ones back on.

080920122194.jpg

sending 4 of my collection of these off for banding monday

080920122191.jpg

been trying to work out to the mm how much of a band to have put in, think im going for 2" front 2.5" rear making them 7" & 7.5" wide with offsets being ET20 front and ET13 rear should poke nicely but not much, mostly flush when the arches get rolled.

also got my decat pipe made up ready to fit

080920122193.jpg

Car looks great Hoop, really liking the grilles... They wet the blacked lights off nicely... Reason I did mine...

If you're not to sure on them have you considered adding a bit if APO red into them similar to what I did with mine... Or spray them completely red, like your bottom grilles?

Can't wait to see the banded steels... Is it somewhere local doing that for you? I'm looking to have the rostyles done...

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
Filter? i didnt take these pics, was one of the jeggin and obey cap crew :D looks poo in my opinion, the car is metalic and has a good glittery colour to it, these pics make it look like red oxide. They did like it though, not much choice realy :D

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
got my thinking cap on again in work today, designed a basic jig for making up micra manifolds, if only i had a mandrel bender haha. but i started looking through manifold on the shelf and came accross this civic one from a 2001 d14z6 engine, maches the ports very well. hmmmm

110920122200.jpg

110920122201.jpg

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
got the grinder out with a nice abrasive on the end and removed the VW logo from the caps, will get the heat gun on them now to bring back the black, or maby get some nissan logos on there.

20120915_131142.jpg

then i decided to rip out my arch liners, roll the arches, clean out the lower wings and waxoyl paint the lot :D

you can see where the nearside has been rubbing on the inner wing on lock, luckily there is nothing behind this area so i smashed it in with a hammer nicely out of the way :D

20120915_143538.jpg

rigged this up and folded in the lip after removing the plastic liner. easy to do, but the tool was to big to go all the way around, but did 3/4 of the way, did the last bit with a hammer.

20120915_145146.jpg

20120915_145320.jpg

years of dirt built up here, undone the 2 lower 10mm bolts, cleaned it all out and painted in there, luckily no rot there atall.

20120915_145858.jpg

trusty waxoyl

20120915_151028.jpg

20120915_151034.jpg

and banged on a new sticker :D

20120915_162341.jpg

Also a good bit of news, had a text message from AC Fabrication, my wheels are finished, will be posted back to me monday :D

Looking good mate, but no pics of the new arches with the wheels on? o_O:(

Nifty tool that mate, wheres it from? Can't wait to see the new wheels, any ideas when you'll have some rubber on them and get them on the Agent?

Ooh yeah, how big are the centres on those caps? They off a van originally? I got some nice silver and black Nissan badges to go on the Rostyle centre-caps... when I finally get them sorted! :(

Dougyledds

Woopa Pandastyle!
got the grinder out with a nice abrasive on the end and removed the VW logo from the caps, will get the heat gun on them now to bring back the black, or maby get some nissan logos on there.

20120915_131142.jpg

then i decided to rip out my arch liners, roll the arches, clean out the lower wings and waxoyl paint the lot :D

you can see where the nearside has been rubbing on the inner wing on lock, luckily there is nothing behind this area so i smashed it in with a hammer nicely out of the way :D

20120915_143538.jpg

rigged this up and folded in the lip after removing the plastic liner. easy to do, but the tool was to big to go all the way around, but did 3/4 of the way, did the last bit with a hammer.

20120915_145146.jpg

20120915_145320.jpg

years of dirt built up here, undone the 2 lower 10mm bolts, cleaned it all out and painted in there, luckily no rot there atall.

20120915_145858.jpg

trusty waxoyl

20120915_151028.jpg

20120915_151034.jpg

and banged on a new sticker :D

20120915_162341.jpg

Also a good bit of news, had a text message from AC Fabrication, my wheels are finished, will be posted back to me monday :D

Could try these if there not to big Hoop!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-JDM-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4607ad6f49

:D

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
hehe ye something like that Dougy. Im after the gel type dome ones if i can find them, will see how they come out with a bit of plastic polishing first

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
Looking good mate, but no pics of the new arches with the wheels on? o_O:(

Nifty tool that mate, wheres it from? Can't wait to see the new wheels, any ideas when you'll have some rubber on them and get them on the Agent?

Ooh yeah, how big are the centres on those caps? They off a van originally? I got some nice silver and black Nissan badges to go on the Rostyle centre-caps... when I finally get them sorted! :(

Will look the same as before at the moment matey, i havent flaired the arches, just folded the inner lip up out of the way of the tyres. Arch tool is borrowed from a mate, he got it off ebay i think, i sold my old one haha.

The bandeds will be here tuesday, straight to paint then, im hoping to have them on within 2 weeks.

The caps are new from dealers for a mk3 golf or caddy van.

I seen a pic of your wheels friday night, looking forward to seeing them on!!! i now understand how confusing it was when you were trying to explain the center of them for spigots and nuts haha

Will look the same as before at the moment matey, i havent flaired the arches, just folded the inner lip up out of the way of the tyres. Arch tool is borrowed from a mate, he got it off ebay i think, i sold my old one haha.

The bandeds will be here tuesday, straight to paint then, im hoping to have them on within 2 weeks.

The caps are new from dealers for a mk3 golf or caddy van.

I seen a pic of your wheels friday night, looking forward to seeing them on!!! i now understand how confusing it was when you were trying to explain the center of them for spigots and nuts haha

Aye, they're a headache mate... But getting there! Can't wait to see yours!

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
7x14 front ET20 7.5x14 rear ET13 Should sit nice, backspace is unchanged from standard, so 2" band in the front pair 2.5" in the rear pair :D