• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Hoopdub's '99 K11 agent AP0

sleeper_ss

Ex. Club Member
Great read looking forward to seeing the seats fitted.Shame you're bailing out on the wheels,gold centres would have gone well with the metallic red...

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
Thought id add a bit more info on the conversion just in case someone want to know. i used the original cg10 gearbox, swapped the flywheel from my original engine onto the cg13 and all bolted up fine. the cg13 engine i used was from a pre facelift 1997 car. other differences i noticed, the cg13 had a solid crank pulley where as the had more of a hollw type, i would have swapped these over as the cg10 one would have been lighter, but i didnt have an airgun to hand to loosen the bolt. they are the same diameter anyway so still works fine. my cg10 has power steering, the cg13 did not. i unbolted the pump from my old lump and left it in the engine bay, then bolted upto the cg13 when it was in, heres the other difference, the inlet manifold on the cg10 has a bracket sticking out of the left hand side for one of the mounts on the pas pump, the inlet on the cg13 did not have this. i didnt realise till it was in, and cant be bothered at the moment to swap the inlet over. that said the pas pump is still very sturdy and works fine with just 3 fixings points instead of the 4. the gearbox take 3.3 ltrs of oil!!! i was expecting aroung 2, but hey ho, £20 for a gallon not to bad.

i have a bit of a flatspot, misfire now and again so i will swap over the throttle bodys, distributor and lambda sensor when i get time, along with the bosch super 4s ive had waiting to go in for some time.

sleeper_ss

Ex. Club Member
My car also ran like a dog after the engine change,over fueling badly.The 1.3cc donor victim was running 100% fine before it donated its lump.Because my car has had a fair amount of tampering done I did not know what to try first,went for the throttle body & it sorted itself straight away...I thought the TB's were the same,must be a setting on them that the ECU does not like.
Liking the silver wheels too...

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
this morning i swapped the throttle body, fuel rail and injectors and fitted some bosch super 4s, resulting in no more flat spot :D

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
little more fettling today

060420121757.jpg

060420121758.jpg

060420121759.jpg

060420121761.jpg

060420121762.jpg

060420121763.jpg

060420121764.jpg

also picked up another set of wheels :D more so to sell on and make a little as i payed peanuts for them, but may see what they look like on the agent.

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
Ta matey :D

i swapped the tyres on the arosa wheels so i could sell them on, fitted some near new 165.60/14s to them, cleaned them up and took pics of each one as you do for a forsale ad. but today i thought, hmmm, maby they will work, got out the flap wheel, modified the CB and wacked them on the agent, supprisingly i quite like them :D

only managed the one pic though :/

080420121784.jpg

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
hopefully wind the the front down a little tomorow, and wash the car, will be the first time since i have had it if i do lol. may gloss black the wheels and get my decepticon badges on there in place of the seat S

Ta matey :D

i swapped the tyres on the arosa wheels so i could sell them on, fitted some near new 165.60/14s to them, cleaned them up and took pics of each one as you do for a forsale ad. but today i thought, hmmm, maby they will work, got out the flap wheel, modified the CB and wacked them on the agent, supprisingly i quite like them :D

only managed the one pic though :/

080420121784.jpg

also fitted some SI dilas from Jay101, thanks matey

080420121781.jpg

note the milage on them 0_o most ive seen on a micra with my own eyes haha

Those Seat wheels really suit the car, mate. Is it a hard job to get them to fit? And is it possible to get the new clocks to tally up to your mileage?

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
ye Dougy, got a tgyre machine in work, robbed some mint contis off a ka we had in :D

templar, im supprised how ok the wheels look :D they needed the center bore making bigger, from 57.1mm to 59.1 i used a flap wheel on a drill. it is possible to make the milage correct, but you need to use a company who can do it, theres a few about on the interwebs, but im not paying to have them done, i can live with it :D

ye Dougy, got a tgyre machine in work, robbed some mint contis off a ka we had in :D

templar, im supprised how ok the wheels look :D they needed the center bore making bigger, from 57.1mm to 59.1 i used a flap wheel on a drill. it is possible to make the milage correct, but you need to use a company who can do it, theres a few about on the interwebs, but im not paying to have them done, i can live with it :D

Just how do you use a flap wheel to make the centre bore bigger? Can you make a right hash of it? And can it FUBAR the alloy? Cheers : )

Jay101

Black&Yellow
Hey hey, si dials look good, whoa big mileage on em eh ;) wheels look pretty good aswell, never seen seat alloys done before. only ranault alloys which are crud!

Just how do you use a flap wheel to make the centre bore bigger? Can you make a right hash of it? And can it FUBAR the alloy? Cheers : )
Or if you want it done properly, source a local engineering place. and they can put alloys on machine, i did it and cost me £10 a corner. No mistakes made :)

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)

Theres always the potential for FUBARness, depends how confident you are. wheels and tyres only cost me £50, so if i had made a mess of it it wouldnt have been a great loss as the tyres alone are worth more than than and i could use them on something else. As Jay101 said, most machine shops should do it reletivly cheaply and you dont have to worry then :D

i basically got one of these

62332.jpg

and did a little at a time until each wheel fitted flat on the hub face without catching the spigot, just hugging it :D few trips back and forth to the car for the first one, pretty much dialed in my mind then for the other 3 and all went on fine.

Theres always the potential for FUBARness, depends how confident you are. wheels and tyres only cost me £50, so if i had made a mess of it it wouldnt have been a great loss as the tyres alone are worth more than than and i could use them on something else. As Jay101 said, most machine shops should do it reletivly cheaply and you dont have to worry then :D

i basically got one of these

62332.jpg

and did a little at a time until each wheel fitted flat on the hub face without catching the spigot, just hugging it :D few trips back and forth to the car for the first one, pretty much dialed in my mind then for the other 3 and all went on fine.

And may I ask, just where did you find the Arosa wheels for fifty quid? (Billy bargain, though, well played!)

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
And may I ask, just where did you find the Arosa wheels for fifty quid? (Billy bargain, though, well played!)

perks of the trade :D i work in a "Vehicle Recycling And De-polution Center" :D new modern posh words for a breakers yard :D

Cheers ScouseBoy they dont look half bad do they, very supprized :D

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
Busy weekend for me. Got given a concrete panel shed from the alotments round the corner from me, so excited, i must be at that age where a shed fills you with joy :D 15' x 10' crazy heavy panels, knakered me getting it down and round to mine, anyway onto car stuff....

did a headgasket and timingbelt on the carolla you can see in one of the pics above, only done 53K since new but old cooland had eaten the gasket away and was mixing oil and water. all sorted now. then today i fitted the peter lloyd rallying exhaust to the Agent.

Getting the old one off took longer than fitting the new one, stoopid rusty bolts, first one i tried the spanner slipped and i grazed my nuckle on the floor resulting in claret, in retaliation i got out the grinder and won the war. new one went on easy peasy, very good fitting exhaust, no drama what so ever.

150420121799.jpg

cant tell but the pic but the new system is considerably bigger than the old one.

150420121800.jpg

like a full bellied hamster this was tucked off for hibernation, bubuy

150420121801.jpg

results....

150420121803.jpg

150420121802.jpg

new tailpipe still looks to small but it sits correct, may get me a nice chrome tip off ebay, something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPORT-CHR...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item231561fd26

or this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stainless...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cc4866941

O_0

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
going to relocate the fog to the third brake light. got the flap and boot release from a k11 in work, easy enough to fit, not done it yet, will pop it in tomorow if its dry

going to relocate the fog to the third brake light. got the flap and boot release from a k11 in work, easy enough to fit, not done it yet, will pop it in tomorow if its dry
I have a silly bolt on fog for MOTs fogs are crap anyway, all they do is blind people and confuse them as to when you are breaking.

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
I have a silly bolt on fog for MOTs fogs are crap anyway, all they do is blind people and confuse them as to when you are breaking.

ye, im also considering this, save a bit of work, just clip it on for mo. i dont think in my 15yrs driving i have never used the fog light on any car i have had, in fact i have never driven in fog

Yeah, wasn't sure t'd come across properly written down!? But honestly, fog driving is scary and exhilerating... wouldn't wanna do it every day but once in a while is good... like being in Silent Hill... suprosed you haven't had much up your way?

odd_ball said:
Yeah, wasn't sure t'd come across properly written down!? But honestly, fog driving is scary and exhilerating... wouldn't wanna do it every day but once in a while is good... like being in Silent Hill... suprosed you haven't had much up your way?

I know what you mean by "Silent Hill", I always seem to hit fog at night rarely during the day

I know what you mean by "Silent Hill", I always seem to hit fog at night rarely during the day
Yeah, I work nights and finish early hours in the morning, and not to exagerate but I sorta live kinda up a mountain (ish) so I always hit fog... they turn the bloody street lights off all along my way home too between midnight and like 6am which always makes it a bit creepier... Absolutely hate people who can't drive in the dark though and panic and drive everywhere with their brights on and don't bother turning them off for oncoming traffic.... If you can't handle the darkyou shouldn't drive in it...

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
my genuine march tailgate nipples arrived today, got an early k11 tailgate without rear wiper im going to use as my base. quite like the little groove that runs accross the top of the number plate recess so im probably going to keep that, just weld up the holes for the old handle. as i havent managed to sell my march front bumper im now keeping it and it will get painted in some fresh AP0 along with the tailgate :D

also my jap sized number plates arived, as well as my new vibe components to replace the standard door units in place of the parcel shelf and 6x9s.

tomorow im picking up some 15" steels, 165/50/15 tyres should be here by end of next week. will give me time to get the steels painted a nice shade of silver. i did have some 15" micra k12 wheel trims stashed, but stashed so well i cant remember where i put them :S

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
so fixed the heater today, the temp switch had gone realy stiff, and the switch itself was jumping the cog. i thought it was a syicky flap, but i took the wire off and the flap moved freely. it was the damn wire, crazy tight in the plastic sheath. i straigtened the one end so i could pull it all the way out the sheath, wet and dry papered the wire and pumped a good hit of wd40 down the tube, put it back in and is lurvly and slippery now, re-fitted and all is good, like new :D

280420121885.jpg

280420121884.jpg

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
165/50/15 tyres arrived today. prept my march bumper last night, its getting painted on saturday. holding off on the tailgate at the moment, considering other options so my jdm number plate lights may be up for sale :D