• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Hoopdub's '99 K11 agent AP0

this is looking good bud, cant wait to see them alleycats on it i was thinking of getting a set for mine so will be good to see what they look like on the car :)

Well, another weekend of let downs. Was supposed to lending an engine hoist of a friend of mine on friday, he didnt show. saturday came and after a dry sunny week decided to hammer down with rain putting a stop to anything i wanted to do :(

so basically all i have done is build up the front coilovers ready

take from box, strip down and copper slip all the body, try and help prevent corosion and seizing.

030320121620.jpg

then fit modified top mount, thought id show the order of fitment (left > right), may help someone out :D

030320121624.jpg

030320121625.jpg

030320121621.jpg

030320121623.jpg

job done, now for the fitting, sometime..................

This is an excellent blog, working in a scrap yard must be ace! Keep up the good work ;).

You could be a good contact for Micra parts as well if you get many in.

I do like a blog with lots of pictures, have you got the alloys on yet?

haha cheers matey, ye working in a breakers has its perks, but the pay is crap lol. we do get the odd micra from time to time. we get fed cars from insurance companies.

wheels are not on yet, but i just dug out my wet suit and may go have a play now :D

HAHA well, its lowered, but it has now also made me want to sell the wheels. i cant lower it enough to make it look good with them on and still drive it due to the roads and access to my drive. so im on the hunt for a new set of hoops, renault turbines maby. Micras are much more of a pain in the but to lower than polos on your drive with a scissor jack :D

first up i made sure the car was level and marked the body and axle in relation to one another with a square. this is so when i fit the adjstable panhard rod i can offer up the square on the marks and adjust the axle back to its original position :D

040320121645.jpg

040320121646.jpg

didnt take many other pics, will wait for the fronts to settle before i dial out any RR

040320121649.jpg

Whoops.

Look on the bright side, it's better without the wing anyway.

A heavy rolling of the rear should see the arches clearing, and tuck the front up with some camber - AE86 style :)

These guys http://www.gt-turbo-spares.co.uk/ might be able to sort you out with a set of turbines, there were a set on RR not long ago too, cant find the add at the mo to see if they sold though.

arch clearence isnt the problem, its the car hitting the road and leaving me beached that im worried about :D

You should be fine, I've been everywhere in mine, over speedbumps, multi-story car park ramps and offroad lanes. There's quite a bit of scraping going on though doing that, and the exhaust can drag on thin country lanes due to the camber of the road.
But it's been fun!:rolleyes:

So the coilovers have been fitted for a week, and im very happy with them, the ride isnt harsh or crashy atall, just a bit rebound happy, but i can live with that. One thing i had niticed was a really irratic squeaking on the offside somewhere, thought it may have been an anti roll bar bush or wishbone bush complaining about the new position, had a look today and realised it was the corsa top bup getting up close and personal with the top of the turret. I had read on here that they catch but forgot about it when it came to the fitting. The solution, well i just re-shaped them on the bench grinder :D

From this

110320121660.jpg

to this

110320121661.jpg

Also had a quick go at the N15 airbox. Removed the old one and then went about re-locating the charcoal canister. I was going to remove it completely and block up the holes on the inlet manifold, but i was a bit weary of the open pipe from the tank filling the engine bay with vapour, so i ended up just moving it. Took it out, removed the bracket, re-fitted it at a 90 degree angle plumbed it all back in, fits a treat and gives a load of clearence for the airbox, almost looks stock :D

110320121662.jpg

110320121663.jpg

110320121664.jpg

Only other issue i had was the case breather, going to find some pipe in work so i can get them to match up. may cut the 90 bend pipe off the cam cover so its straight, will make things easier. so for now im back to the K11 airbox, but with the resonator removed, sound much better allready hehe

oh, also dont forget to block up the vac pip on the bottom of the N15 box, steel nipple need tweaking :D

Stupid new forum wont let me edit the post, :mad: but i said the squeak was on the offside and the pics show nearside, thats because i modified both sides, both were rubbing, but didnt hear the nearside over the chirp of the offside :D

pushed a standard on out of another rod and pressed it in this one :D bit of luck to find one that came off without any drama. my standard one pulled off with ease also, was very surprised, must have been garaged all of its 30k life haha.

have got myself a set of 14" BBS RA wheels to go on now, ordered 4 new 165/55/14 tyres from mytyres.co.uk at a very reasonable £145 delivered budgets. also ordered red anodized wheel nuts and extended wheel studs.

After doing a fair bit of research into what people have done with various exhaust system sizes etc i think im going to keep the standard system cat back and just weld on a universal backbox on, i only want it to look beefier than standard and grumble a bit. not looking for any performance gains if im honest.

tyres arrived for the bbs today :D awaiting longer studs before i can fit the wheels. Ordered a new engine hoist yesterday so i can finally get around to fitting the CG13. Also got some new wheels haha going to the polishers first before i get them on for show season :D

120320121667.jpg

There immence mate! would look sweet electric purple or some mad colour haha, your so lucky to work at a breakers by the way! id jump at the chance
Im hating where i work at the moment :oops:

was thinking bout doing the centers body colour, hmmm still undecided will fit them to take a quick pic on the weekend and photoshop some options :D

Yesterday the hoist arrived, in kit form so it was like christmas this morning fitting it all together, good bit of kit. Will have to clean the back yard up before the misses gets home hehe.

170320121672.jpg

i had also ordered longer wheel stud for use with the BBS, but after picking the new wheels up last night, i trial fitted them today and i dont need them now haha!!! drat, prob end up in the for sale section soon lol. Managed to sell the brand new 14" tyres last night aswell, even made a £3 profit on them :D just the BBS to shift now, also to appear in a for sale thread near you soon :D

heres the quick fit trial

170320121673.jpg

170320121676.jpg

170320121677.jpg

Grabbed some nitromors from B&Q to strip the centers ready for whatever colour i decide to paint them, possibly gold with gold glitter laquer :D and polished dishes. the CB needs taking out a a little to make them fit properly. Tyres are all fubar on there also, 175/50/13s at the moment, i quite like the look of them, but not the price haha, may go 165/55 or even have some realy cheap 165/65s in work i can have hmmmm. Also have to wind the front down a little to take some gap out, not that much though as i wont be able to get on my drive haha.

That is fapping awesome! I realllllly like the white centres - but gold could certainly work as well, not sure that it would suit the style of the wheels as much though.

totally hating the last pic, shows how hard it is to match the damn colour :( few people have said they like the white. started stripping it as it must be a good 5 layers on there, gold, silver, white. the center circle actually has the sizes embossed and the paint is so thick they were not visible haha. im sure that whoever painted them last used radiator enamel!!!

had an hour on them today with very supprising results. spent a while in B&Q looking at various substances for stripping paint, stuck with nitromors cos i know it works.

They're looking good hoopdub. I think if you put the effort into polishing them it would pay off. Other than that I think something subtle would work wonders. Cream centres with polished rim?

Looking good, those wheels are going to come up a treat whichever choice you make ;)

How does the ET20 on those rims sit on the car? Any catching? Also are the 175/50 profiles on there stretched much on a 7" rim?

Exactly the same size wheel & tire combo we want on the track but have yet to decide on the front & rear ET figures yet. Some pics would be very helpful when you have time :)

Thanks for the info. It's quite tricky for me, as I have to organize everything on the car remotely from Norway, so it's all in the details.

We'll be using a 3 piece billet wheel, which will be a custom job, so getting things right will be a must. We're currently running on a 15x7 ET37, which has plenty of clearance but I'd like to utilize as much of the arch as possible but with no risk of catching, as the car will be driven very hard. Major poke with wild camber in order to make it work will not be track friendly. I was originally thinking 13x7 ET35 on the front and ET25 on the rear but this is just guess work for now, as I may run either a Yoko A048R 175/50/R13V or Conti 195/45/R13V, so will need to be on the safer side to avoid arch damage :rolleyes:

Looking forward to some photos and general updates :)

managed to get one on the rear fitted properly before the light went tonight. CB has been machined out to fit from the 57.1 vw fitment.

wheel furbish update......Ive put in more effort on these than any other set ive ever had. managed to get about 20-30 mins in a couple of evenings this week after work before the light died. realy happy with the results. if found that for the nitromors to work properly you litteraly have to cake it on, loads of it, realy thick like a layer of jelly. this realy works well. and the scotch tool, well, amazing!!! truly a life saver.

dont think any polishing is going to happen, there is too much pitting and marks on them for polishing, 70s wheels, and they have seen a lot of action after stripping the multiple layers of paint from them. Quite dissapointed TBH, may just get them refurbished a nice alloy silver, bang on some tyres and out them. Quite common for me, ive had 63, yes 63 sets of wheels in the last 7 years, only 3 sets have ever seen a car lol. drawback to being a wheel whore, allways think something else will look better :D

in fact, the wheels dishartened me so much today i left them completetly

nice day, shame to waste it

010420121738.jpg

nocked out the first cat, bit harder to do than expected
010420121740.jpg

back in 300cc better off, almera air box and OMP performance filter :D
010420121741.jpg

didnt have anything to use to refill the gearbox with fresh opil, so put my eezy bleed to good use haha

010420121743.jpg

010420121742.jpg

leftovers :D fitted a new luk clutch kit while i was at it

010420121744.jpg

acceleration is a lot better :D limiter in second at 63mph, on too 110 (clock reading) on a private road obviously. much more fun

Back