• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Hoopdub's '99 K11 agent AP0

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
Having wanted one for a good few years ive finally got hold of a K11. Ive been a dubber most of my driving life, but have fallen out of love with my polo, and the general dub scene, a lot of idiots, and so many boy racers have the same car as me around here id had enough of being tarred with the same brush.

Anyway, all that will change, im selling all the mods on the polo and i will be scrapping it next week as the tax now up.

I work in a slavage yard, thats how i got this micra, 1999 cg10, Cat C, 1 owner 30k miles from new, light front ender un-economical repair for the insurance company.

130920111138.jpg

140920111142.jpg

Quick glance and the damage appears to be front bumper, bumper iron, lower crossmember, radiator, both headlights, bonnet. nothing much.

After getting the little wonder home I started the strip down.

140920111144.jpg

270920111159.jpg

270920111160.jpg

270920111161.jpg

290920111162.jpg

290920111164.jpg

Got a new lower crossmember off ebay. Also got a new bumper iron. Second hand bumper from work, just needed painting.

290920111163.jpg

011020111165.jpg

011020111166.jpg

011020111167.jpg

011020111168.jpg

161020111248.jpg

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
Managed to pull the bonnet back into place, theres very little paint damage on the bonnet, a little scratch under the ns grill, wont see it after a T cut.
Fitted a good rad. Waxoyled everything including inside chassis legs. Got a pair of '02 headlights. Prefere the look of these to the all clear type originals.

231020111261.jpg

A good mate of mine runs a local paint shop, so i preped and masked the bumper and he painted it for me.

121120111325.jpg

131120111327.jpg

131120111328.jpg

201120111334.jpg

All repairwork finished, needed a new off side CV gaitor for the mot, passed nov 30th. booked the VIC test the next day and passed that december 15th. Insurance and taxed ready for use on jan 1st then its good buy polo.

270820111085.jpg

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
Now time to start moving the micra from OAP status.

After many hours on MSC searching blogs and posts regarding lowering I Ordered corsa B coilovers ready.

241020111271.jpg

After many wheel choices i settled for a set of allycat rallye specials 7"x13" ET+6.
These are mini fitment 101.6 pcd so i ordered some wobble nuts just to be on the safe side, plus they are chrome, nice and shiney

went for some 165/55/13 tyres, nankangs finest super hydroplane specials :lol:

cost me £30 to get them fitted and balenced up on christmas eve, didnt think that was a bad price :D

231220111447.jpg

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
Modified some corsa B top mounts to fit the micra.

301220111461.jpg

301220111465.jpg

Perfik :D

301220111464.jpg

As im planning on running low and adjustable panhard rod will be needed. Considered buying one, but ended up getting a spare one and modifying it. I had rescued various turnbuckles from different cars in work, rear tie bars off an MR2 was my first idea, but i ended up using a chopped astra F track rod. Cut and shaped to fit in the rod, then welded up. Just got to get some nice red hammerite this week to finish it off. Im hoping to get the car lowered next weekend. I would have done it this weekend if the weather was not so damn terrible.

311220111466.jpg

311220111469.jpg

311220111471.jpg

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
hehe thanks guys, only now realised how this works, i been posting 'blogs' but they seemed to dissapear into the interweb somewhere, didnt realise i could do it all in here haha

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
awesome, great colour too, looks like you have skills with fabrication too,

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
awesome, great colour too, looks like you have skills with fabrication too,

haha nothing special, just comes from being tight and not wanting to spend money on anything if i can learn and do it myself :D like my polo, fitted a fully working dash from a later model because the old one looked poope haha

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
Good to see some talented progress. Nice bit of fabrication on the panhard rod! good stuff.
Any plans for the engine?

i had plans for a turbo build, then a high comp 1.3. but im just doing a simple swap from 1L to 1.3 now, ive got a nice low mile CG13 in my garage ready. few basic mods such as N15 airbox, i won an OMP performance panel filter for and almera on ebay for £10 to go in it. bosch super 4s and some low resistance leads. going to nock out the front small cat.

have been looking at 4 branch manifolds, ashley do one but i have fitted them to many a golf in the past and the fit and finish of their products is terrible. i fitted one to a mk1 golf gti and i had to cut the mounting flanges to make it fit, their aftersales is terrible. another option im looking at is making one myself from a rover K series manifold. been looking at HKS and other systems on ebay from japan, they are sexy.

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
040120121486.jpg

Operation Mcdonalds coffee holder started. poped one of the cup holders out of my polo. these are push to open type, very cool :D im planing on either replacing the ashtray with it, ash tray is not needed or fitting it where the little coin tray is, cut the back out the tray, get some dense foam cut to fit in the tray, carve it out and get the cup holder in there. the last 2 days i have been risking infertility driving that last 2 miles to work from McDs with a large white between my legs :D

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
haha ye nothing to report im affraid. been busy doing the brakes on my wifes polo, and stripping my old polo ready for the scrappies.

hopefully, weather depending i will be down and out next weekend.

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
couple of fails to report, K12 steering wheel does not fit the K11 splines BOOOO!!!! and cup holder does not come out far enough to look factory and hold anything bigger than a stubby can, also BOOOO!!!

small win, got a primera leather steering wheel, same as the K11 standard one i have except the top doesent move around the steel frame of the wheel and its leather :D

looking at fitting a cup holder in the dash top now

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
cheers matey :D

little win today, went to plug my mobile charger in, but there's no 12v plug/cig lighter, just a blank. must be because its a billy basic model. i grabbed a 12v socket from a k11 in work that had one with the intention of wiring it up myself, but first i thought id have a dig around. and to my surprise the wiring for one is already there, tucked down the side in the carpet, result !!!!

looking like it may also be a dry weekend, if so then i will be low :D

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
had a spare 20 mins today, so i got to fitting my stereo. ordered an iso adaptor from ebay for £2.50, makes things a lot easier. thing i found though that the metal brackets from the original stereo only lines up with one of the threaded holes on the side of my JVC unit. so i put the Aldi tap and die set to the test and tapped out the other hole on either side.

220120121528.jpg

the iso lead i ordered had a fly wire with a round terminal for the ground connection, as the standard unit relies on the body ground and has no ground cable in the loom itself. i fitted this to the lower right fixing (as you look at it)

220120121531.jpg

all done :D

220120121532.jpg

hopefully if i can get hold of some panhard rod bushes this week i can get to the lowering next weekend.

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
In work today i grabbed some K11 rear springs and flamed them to a more respectable size ready for the day i get aroud to lowering it.

280120121537.jpg

Did a little more when i got home from work. My steering wheel has been poope since i had the car. the vynil has come away from the steel frame inside at the top so it moved when you gripped it, very anoying. I planned on fitting a K12 steering wheel, but i found out that the splined shaft is smaller on the K11 :( we then had a W plate primera come into work, it had a very similar shape to the K11 wheel, but was black leather :D i just got done fitting it, and i looks a lot better. It did need the internal horn bracket swapping for the K11 one, just to make it easier for the horn cable connection. The K11 having a spade type connection, the primera having a micro pin and bigger plastic connection.

T50 security torx to take off the airbag behind the plastic covers at the sides of the wheel. Damn tight, they are loctite'd. 19mm hex nut holding the wheel on itself. there are 3 locating lugs on the airbag slip ring that locate into the back of the wheel, dont fluff this up. Also the clever guys at nissan put a dot on the wheel and the splined shaft so it goes on in the same place, NICE!!

280120121538.jpg

K11 horn contact with the spade connection on the left

280120121539.jpg

Primera bracket with wire and plastic connector

280120121542.jpg

T40 torx to swap these over

Id also noticed that my horn was taking a good bit of pressure to make it work. Didnt think much of it at the time, just thought it was a crap desing. But having taking the horn bracket off to swap i noticed the little copper contacts had at the top and bottom of the bracket and mirrored on the wheel itself. These had corroded, so i cleaned them up with some emery cloth, solving the iffy horn, nice little tip if yours is equally as poope :D

280120121544.jpg

cleaned up

280120121546.jpg

Also took the other side off and they were just as corroded, cleaned them up and refitted.

Refit the airbag and job done, much better :D

280120121547.jpg

While i was in the mood, and still had some light, i managed to run all the necesary cables for my sub, i mean whats the point of hard house and dub step if you dont have a sub....thats right, none!! And once again the nice guys at Nissan provide a hole just for this purpose :D

thats all for today, may do more tomorow if its dry. No lowering though till i get a rod bush.

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
Rain stopped play today. So i did a little indoors. My K11 is the tesco value edition, and has no rear speakers. I had a K11 come into work with factory rears in the parcel shelf, so i nabbed it for mine. I had noticed when fitting my headunit that although i had no rear speakers, the wires for the rears were in the connector. So i had a dig around the rear where the cables would be and hey presto, taped to the tail light loom, much like the cigar lighter cabling was. Plug and play is the phrase of the day. But as im upgrading the system i thought it rude to keep the factory paper units, and went about swapping them for my 6x9s 90s style :D

My plan was to keep the factory grills and fit the 6x9s behind them. Out with the tools. stripped them off the shelf. The factory drivers are 16cm units, so a bit of measuring and marking so i could line up the 6x9 holes to fit inside the frame of the grills without fouling. Fresh blade my jigsaw and circle becomes egg. The grill and speaker unit are seperate, the grill mounts to the driver unit and is then screwd through the shelf into it, but as im doing away with the speaker unit i had to also drill 4 holes each side, and use longer screws to catch the grill in the original mounting points. All fitted, no fouling, factory look :D will rewire them with a better gauge cable sometime this week and run them off my amp. Will also pop in a connector much like the factory unit so the shelf is still easily removed.

anyway, heres some pics

290120121551.jpg

290120121550.jpg

290120121555.jpg

290120121552.jpg

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
That's what I did do to mine, mate, very good choice (Y) Paper OEM speakers are fine for most people, but lack depth in the bass sound

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
Haha yes Mark, soon enough, when the weather gets better, days like today make me glad i havent lowered it and put the wheels on yet, snow :(

had an email from Matthew Humphris today, he has panhard rod bushes in stock so i can finish the rod off ready for the day lowering happens.

Had a chap come into work last week to buy a full leather interior for a celica 2002 model, he was upgrading from his cloth items. I asked him what he was doing with the old seats and he said i could have them for £20 if i wanted, front and rear. I thought why not, for £20 if they are poope i could get that back on eaby easily especially as they are airbag types. I went round his place and picked them up tonite, very pleasanlty supprised. Covered in mold and dirt but the covers come off easy, nothing a quick spin in the washing machine cant sort. Also they have maroon panels in them matching the colour of my car :D another upside is how close the bases match to the micra fixing points, different but easily manipulated to fit :D im going to try and modify the rears to fit aswell, hybrid the 2 if needed.

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
Im in Pontypridd, near Cardiff :D

Latest sit-rep, accuired N14 Sunny front brakes so now will have 240mm vented disk that will still sit behind my 13s :D just got to do some forum serching to see how to go about fitting them, 1mm washer somewhere IIRC. Stripped the seat bases from another K11 so i can cut them up and get the celica seats fitted. Got a lower Panhard rod bush ready for my adjustable rod to go on when i do manage to lower it. Also nabbed a spare CG10 flywheel, mainly to make the CG13 swap a bit easier, in and out without much faffing, but im now considering geting it lightened a bit, somewhere haha may just drill a load of holes on it and see if it balances up properly on a tyre machine.

the plans for this weekend, if it stays dry, finish off sub and rear speaker install. start seat stripping and subframe butchery. My to-do list seems to get bigger by the day, may have to book a week off just to get everything fitted.

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
cheers for that Will, but im not much of a fan of paying for things haha :D its only a thought, i probably wont bother, theres a lot of hills here would probably end up with a negative effect on my daily driving

OP
OP
hoopdub

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
Not much of an update, still collecting various bits. Got a modified manifold off Frank, top fella :D then spent the money id saved for a full stainless exhaust on two pairs of trainers :D worth it though haha.

today i fettled with the rear end, mixed up some old and new touches. K11C rear wiper motor and arm, along with early K11 grab handle and micra badge binned

from this
170220121571.jpg

to this
170220121579.jpg

painted my PHR a nice shade of hammered blue

130220121569.jpg

really good work really liking the work u putting into it man totaly agree with u on the dub scene at the mo is ruined thats why my polo went and the audi is in the garage in storage lol. tbh tho u find the micras handle better than polo :)