• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Hoodedreeper's New Polo Project

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Only prep i done was wiped the dash with some Isopropyl to get rid of any dirt/grease/oil and they stuck on fine :) Its all individual stickers

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Got bored and re-pin striped my grille (my old grille had red pin stripe)

2010-11-22124639Bcopy.jpg

Also found my old Micra winter wheels and put them on the 'ol Polo:

2010-11-22183956B.jpg

Will get a better 'full on' photo tomorrow when its actually day light haha

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
I used a product called Plasti-kote which i believe is flexable :)

No engine plans unfortunately,this needs to be as cheap to run as possible with maximum fuel economy :)

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Thanks :) I've got the door cards being made for some custom speaker builds. After that its no more spending! I reeeeallly need to concentrate on the Micra!

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Collected my new door pockets from H&S Performance today:

IMG_9335.jpg

Added my own touch:

IMG_9344.jpg

Just gotta drop them off now to get the wiring all sorted and then get it wired up to the car next friday :)

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Car was booked in at H&S Performance today to have the door pods fitted and everything all wired up. Heres the finished product:

IMG_9364.jpg

IMG_9369.jpg

IMG_9371.jpg

IMG_9375.jpg

While i was there i got the centre box cut out:

2010-12-10110704.jpg

And a straight piece of pipe welded in its place:

IMG_9382.jpg

This is mainly to stop the car from scraping on every speed bump!

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Yes i could have,but i had a problem with the orginal 6x9s that i wired them up. So i asked them to wire these up from scratch to make sure there werent any kinks etc in the wires

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
I got a bargain really,cos making of the door pods should have been at least £120 with the amount of work that got put into them. Then what ever on top of that for the wiring and the exhaust. I got it for £120 all in :)

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
I dunno if its cos i'm friends with the owners or if they're prices are good. I got an oil and filter change for £10 cos im too lazy to do it haha

B14KLR

Ex. Club Member
side exit exhaust next! these cars are made for them! can be done with minimal effort. as you can see in your pic, if you continue the exhaust in a straight line just after the mid box join,it pops out just before the rear wheel. your mates at the garage should be able to do it no probs...here's my mk3 coup with a bit of standard pipe welded on...
DSCF0032.jpg

also as i'm sure you aware,the silly exhaust set up goes under the rear axle, so losing the backbox will help scraping issues. sounds tidy too :p

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Delivered the Polo to Olly yesterday,managed to grab a couple of last photos before setting off for the 190 mile trip:

2011-02-20075133.jpg

2011-02-20075145.jpg

Bye bye Polo :(