• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Hoodedreeper's New Polo Project

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Went to Edition 38 today and picked up a few ideas,while there i got a few lil touches for the Polo:

IMG_7933.jpg

IMG_7936.jpg

Also a new one on the bootlid but forgot to get a photo of that one,so will grab one tomorrow :)

Expect to see the photos from E38X soon :) Got 250 photos to resize,so its gonna take awhile

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Alloy Wheels are back from my mate and hes done a awesome job with them! Fronts went on fine...then the fun began with the backs! Attempted some DIY Arch rolling (hammer and mole grips!) and i eventually got them to clear enough :) I'll let the photos do the talking...

IMG_8250.jpg

IMG_8253.jpg

IMG_8255.jpg

And some other photos...

IMG_8286.jpg

IMG_8291.jpg

IMG_8303.jpg

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
On the way back from the PLAYERS show,i hit a bump just before joining the M11. Half way down the M11 i hear a noise from my front wheel so pulled into the nearest Petrol Station and was welcomed by this:

IMG_8644.jpg

IMG_8655.jpg

IMG_8657.jpg

OOops! Took it steady on the way back and luckily i didnt cause any more damage (well...except splitting my CV Gaitor at the same time and grease has gone EVERYWHERE!)

So got home and got the 'ol angel grinder out and done some DIY arch work:

IMG_8663.jpg

IMG_8670.jpg

IMG_8671.jpg

IMG_8686.jpg

IMG_8688.jpg

IMG_8693.jpg

Rust treated all 4 arches after the arch work so hopefully it'll stop it rusting after i bashed it with a hammer :p

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
As i mentioned in my previous post my CV Gaitor had split. Went to a Dub meet this afternoon and on the way there,there was a knocking noise from that side/wheel. First of all my Exhaust fell off on the way to the meet,so had to turn round and go pick it up.

On the way back we got about 1/2 mile from home and turned right at a set of lights and there was a vicisious vibration coming from the passenger side front wheel. Got round the corner and the next thing we know the nose dips down. I turn to my left and i see my ALLOY WHEEL bouncing next to me as high as the car! The car grinded on the brake disc along the road and up the kerb/path and came to a hault. The alloy wheel bounced and rolled into a near by garden.

I jumped out,ran and collected the wheel. Luckily the garden the wheel ended up in was the neighbour of a friend. So i knocked on his door and explained the situation. He came out with a wheel brace and 2 trolley jacks. Jacked the car up and put the wheel back on (luckily we found the wheel bolts!) and left the car in his drive way. Funnily enough his dad is the one whos changing my CV Gaitor tomorrow!

Thankfully,me and my mate are both ok!

IMG_8742.jpg

IMG_8743.jpg

IMG_8747.jpg

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
I'm sorry, I know it's a dangerous situation but as no-one was hurt I gotta say: isn't it really amusing when parts of your car overtake you? I had a rear wheel do the to me on my AX and I didn't even notice.

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Update!

Managed to get my hands on a Derby front end (well...headlights & grille). Those who dont know what a Derby is,its Saloon version of the Mk1 Polo ('77-'81). VW then dropped the name 'Derby' in '84 and it became the Polo Classic.

Anyway...onto the photos!

BEFORE:

IMG_7175.jpg

AFTER:

IMG_9086.jpg

IMG_9088.jpg

IMG_9085.jpg

Car looks deadly man! love the urban digi-camo look, looks really well with the car. hmmmmmm DIY urban camo on a K11 :blues:

Blimey! I normal put copper grease on my wheel nuts so they come off easy the next time and they have never rattled off *crosses fingers* maybe r the Sr is right?
The car looks like my old fezzer from the front now.

Blimey! I normal put copper grease on my wheel nuts so they come off easy the next time and they have never rattled off *crosses fingers* maybe r the Sr is right?
The car looks like my old fezzer from the front now.

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
poor people in front of you on roads.... :glare:
isn't it illegal though for older cars or is there a way around it?

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Ive angled them down so the beam isnt high. Followed my work mate home the other day and he said they're not dazzling....result!

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
I know quite a few people with HIDs that have headlamp glass like mine and no one has had any trouble? Weird..

Should have about 350-400 stickers there :D

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Nice, I think it looks way better than the standard black everywhere. Is it just standard vinyl? Any prep work done to the dash to make it extra sticky?

On a completely unrelated topic, if you ever have the steering wheel off could you please measure the diameter of the shaft and how many splines are on it, thanks :)