• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Hoodedreeper's Mazda Eunos PROJECT:SIDEWAYS

Went to Norfolk Arena for the monthly drift practice. First time skidding properly since the car has been turbo'd. The day started off sodding wet with a very muddy track. Didnt take long to get back into the swing of things

The sun came out,track dried out and i was improving alot! First time i had linked the track several times,things were going well!
Until....

I spun out on the Kidney,facing the opposite way. BMW comes round the corner,luckily spotting i had spun so he slows down and straightens up. THEN he decides to clutch kick and hit me :/

The car wasnt running right,found out that the Throttle Position Sensor had lost both its screws and air was getting in. Borrowed a screw from something else and it cured it. I rejoined the que and carried on skidding till 5pm,then it was home time

Wasnt a bad day in the end,could have been worse. Could have been a rear 1/4

That BMW driver is as bad as the camera man. At least it's only a new wing/door and you're back!

Had my F1 Racing Stage 3 clutch arrive from the States today :) Not bad considering i ordered it last Thursday evening!
72390_10152662722415311_2023168958_n.jpg

Here are some extra photos which i werent originally going to post.
You can see in these photos that the paint finish is far from smooth as i mentioned in the previous post. But after driving it about and seeing it daily,i dont mind the rough texture as much now :)

Clear Side Repeaters arrived today

Also noticed that i was getting a smell of Fibre Glass when i first drove the car. As the Turbo sits close-ish to the bonnet,the bonnet was getting warm rather quick. So after a message sent out on Facebook,i had a Turbo Shield dropped off to me the following day. I also ordered some Heat Reflective Mat to put on the underside of the bonnet.

And fitted

Took the car for a clear out last night and its cured the problem :) Also found out my Turbo is getting worse,and smoke on Over Run seems to be a frequent thing. May look into getting a GT25 or GT28 at some point,but these things arent cheap. Ive got a spare T25 here that i could get rebuilt,but as its not a ball bearing turbo,it'll only happen again later on down the line.Will ring round a few companies and see what i can get sorted in the future.

Small update...
Sprayed the slim skirts today and fitted the Drivers side. Cant fit the Passenger side yet because the bottom of the wing is rotten so will wait till i can get another wing before fitting it.
Cant really see it in the photos but also gave the wiper arms a lick of paint as there was still beige paint on them from when i first painted it

Collected another wing today to replace the passenger side as that one was rotten at the bottom. As the car is too low for the arch roller to fit onto,i rolled it the ghetto way (the same way i done it the past 2 times).
Well,all was going well untill the metal decided to split and the wing had took quite a beating. So the wing got fitted and i offered up the front Wide Arches. After lots of measuring and checking/double checking/triple checking,the beaten metal would be cut away.
Unfortunately i dont have any photos of this part. I've read on the net that the fronts dont need to be cut. But as the previous wing was being caught on the wheel (even after rolling it) the best solution was to cut it.

Suprisingly they were quite easy to fit,lets hope the rears arent too much hassle to do. They'll be getting painted Sunday as we're supposed to be having good weather (for a change!)

good stuff mate, didn't know it had a re-spray! was it because of the person who was mimicking your car or did you decide on doing it anyways? IMO this new look a much better look :)

I was gonna paint it later on in the year. But as i had to paint the door and wing (again) i'd have to re-do the whole lot because it wouldnt match the current beige,as it was pretty much brown. So thought if i've gotta re-do it,i may aswell change the colour :)

Thanks for the comments :)

Heres a Random photo from the other night

Today me and a friend started to fit the rear wide arches

This photo is the opposite side but you get the idea

The paint needs re-doing around the arch as the heat from the welder blistered it and it started to chip off pretty bad. I've also got a set of Avon 205/50/15 Tyres ordered in through work,those should be fitted in the next week or so.

Quick wash before a meet last weekend

A photos from the meet

Went to get my new 225/50/15 tyres fitted today,but there seemed to have been an issue. The front wheels didnt want to turn. The rears would have gone on if the coilovers were raised abit but the camber would have to stay at 5 degrees to stop them hitting the arch
Because Drag Car.

I could have gone for 205 or 215 but they'd have to order them in,and time isnt on my side so had to play it safe and go with 195/50/15s. Raised the rear up abit to level it out and also got the camber adjusted. Front 1.5* and Rear 3*. The camber wouldnt go any lower as its maxed :/

Still low,but now practical enough for the roads around here :)

Back when if first got the car in August 2011 i had then missed the summer. I missed the summer last year as the car was off the road having the turbo conversion done. I sure as hell wasnt going to miss it this year!
Sourced a good condition second hand roof locally and they helped me fit it. Its amazing how the driving experience changes with the roof off. Least i wont have the hassle of removing the Hard Top,then having the rush back home if the weather suddenly turned

Photo at a local meet

Also did a trial fit of some Yellow Vinyl on the headlights.

Also bought an External Mic for the GoPro Hero 3 and did a test video

Gave the car a wash today ready for the MX5OC meet tomorrow
482594_10152793774195311_1536099762_n.jpg

Then used Meguiars Ultimate Polish and then sealed with Meguiars Ultimate Wax
303029_10152793774685311_487057129_n.jpg

302902_10152793774385311_98274699_n.jpg

Then i finally got round to replacing my door speakers. These were the Kenwoods
255703_10152794034880311_943620824_n.jpg

Dynamat Sound Proof fitted
282235_10152794034650311_719272825_n.jpg

Vibe Edge 6.5" Speakers fitted. Door card re-positioned and riveted on
466051_10152794035165311_1219324301_o.jpg

I joined the MX5OC on a drive Sunday across the Suffolk Country Roads,and its the best day of driving i've ever had! The car performed extremely well and even had the company of my mapper Lawrence in the convoy in his boosted MX5!
I've got a couple of videos from the drive,but due to the length/size of the videos they take forever to upload :( Here are some photos from the day. The rest of the photos can be found on my Photography page on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.451647684927753.1073741826.106487689443756&type=1

Took the car to H&S Performance today to get a few bits fitted.
Underseals and my P5 Frame Rails fitted

O/S Rear Inner Arch hole

Repaired/Welded

Mocal 13 Row Oil Cooler w/ Thermostatic Sandwich Plate

Wrinkle Black Inlet Manifold fitted

Apologies for the photo quality,had to use my phone.
Heres another test video of the External Mic on the GoPro. This time its on the rear bumper next to the exhaust

Here are the videos from last Sunday's Aldeburgh Run

Heres a photo of the Oil Cooler through the Bumper

Nothing exciting i'm afraid,just an OEM Windblocker

SlamMedia have just featured the MX5,> CLICK HERE < to view the feature!

Also just spent the previous weekend at Modified Nationals at Peterborough Arena. MY photos can be seen > HERE <

Had a slight accident. Tried pulling into a car park space but was abit tighter than i thought
971542_10152836139320311_945084879_n.jpg

Repaired
5987_10152838968710311_1213546897_n.jpg

Some stickers
960179_10152860080950311_1484212324_n.jpg

yay more pics of mine at modded =] deffinatly a lack of micras there i think mine was the only one didnt see any others

i spotted you as soon as i pulled in the gate i was pretty much next to you in the que to get in :D

Last sunday I headed over to a local Classic Car show

Left the show and thought i'd make these:

Bought a Greddy Type S BOV

Excuse the blue Vacuum pipe,it was all I had laying about. Will get it changed to black at some point :)

Heres a test video of the new BOV

Today me and a couple of mates started to wire tuck the engine bay. Unfortunately I didn't get any photos as we went along.
All the wires passenger side (MAF loom,Horn,Headlight loom) got relocated to the inner wing. The diagnostic port and relays were tucked inside behind the dashboard. Also removed the washer bottle (Rain-X FTW!)
Drivers side was a little bit more tricky. We managed to put the Headlight loom and the sensors on the Thermostat housing through the inner wing. The Ignition Module was moved behind the fuse box. Was hoping to relocate the fuse box etc to inside the car,but it seems the main loom for that weaves behind the engine,which would mean engine out to do it properly. So we half tucked that side,doesnt look much,but looks a lot better.
We also fed all the vacuum hoses and wires underneath the inlet manifold. Also tucked the Injector wires too so it looks abit neater.
Apologies for the photos,first time using Adobe Lightroom and still getting used to it.

Tested out my new flash gun receivers last night,here are the test photos. Far from perfect as I had to hand hold the camera as I had left the tripod base at home :/

The next step for the MX5 was to have the spare turbo rebuild. A week or so prior to me sending my spare T25 away,this lil gem popped up.
A Brand New Garrett T25g from a HKS Turbo kit for the NA6CE

Only problem is,the exhaust flange is 4 bolt while my current T25 is a 5 bolt. Im in no hurry to get this fitted,so got plenty of time to source a flange & gasket :)

Back