• SDC12061.JPG
    SDC12061.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 1,127
OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
The accuator is resting on the radiator Frank,not sure if it can be seen from the photos i posted.

The pipe kit i've got is useless without cutting and welding numerous bends. But that 2nd photo,is where i said to mount the airfilter originally. As for the intercooler pipe work,it wont go behind the headlights as theres no room at all. Its the bends of the pipe thats causing the problems. The intercooler is like Stani's at the moment,but it wont be able to go behind the headlights. Its gotta do a 180 degree bend to go from the intercooler to the turbo.Its easier for Stani as his turbo is top mounted and clears everything. I've gotta try and miss everything like the top rad hose etc

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
The car is being put back to Stock so i can carry on using the car until i can figure out how to sort this out. This is my plan:

Orignal photo:

2011-07-27175508.jpg

Idea:

layout.jpg

Idea is to weld 3 brackets on the subframe,bringing the intercooler forward another inch or two and moving it over to the right (as your looking at it) and flipping it upside down. Rotate the compressor housing on the turbo 90 degrees anti clock wise. This should then bring the outlet on the turbo,and the top outlet on the intercooler side-by-side. Either making,or buying...using a 180 degree bend to join the 2 outlets together.

For the other side of the intercooler,using a 90 degree bend pipe to go round the corner of the chassis (just under the bumper blocks) and then bent up into the inner wheel arch. A hole cut in the battery tray big enough for the pipe. The pipe will then come up slightly higher than the engine block into a 90 degree bend,where it'll then go straight across the engine and onto the throttle body.

Opinions?

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
It'll be low boost,how low i dont know until Ed maps it,but would imagine it'd be around that. Typical...car is back to normal now and the slot with Ed has been cancelled

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Just clicked...Nis' K11 is a facelift...why didnt i check his blog in the first place?!

So checked out his topic and found these photos:

Hes cut a hole in the inner wing behind the headlight

03032008762.jpg

20102008324.jpg

20102008326.jpg

20102008329.jpg

20102008330.jpg

Perhaps this would solve the problem with routing the I/C pipes. Could do it to both sides. With the connection to the Turbo,could route it through the inner wheel arch,into a 90 degree bend and then onto the outlet of the turbo (which would be on top)

Same goes for the other side,route it through the inner wing probably cut a hole in the battery tray,above the engine and across. Would have to make prototypes of the pipes and then get them made by a fabricator

euro_micra

Matt :)
Hes cut a hole in the inner wing behind the headlight

Isn't that where the water-bottle filler-neck goes?

Is certainly coming along now though. Set backs are bound to happen, this only looks minor really. Best of luck!

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Your set up is perfect,but as your turbo sits parallel with your engine,theres more room. With mine the turbo points/faces out. So if i used your set up,the inlet for the turbo/air filter would be blocked by the pipes.

I think the best option would be like James' and have them coming through the inner archs. Just means i've gotta relocate the washer bottle,any ideas? (or even if i can get a smaller one?)

Kris C

Ex. Club Member
Get a bag from a Bluebird, its what they use for the rear washer. I used it on my S13 when the front mount pipework ment it had to go.

martinb

Ex. Club Member
Chris seeing as I had the same setup as yours made by Frank the only option is what I had

Right hand bend of the turbo to another down the side of radiator

Cut section of chassis (same as polly p and onto intercooler right hand side

Then the left hand side do as you please

It is really the only option unless you run without intercooler

Mines peeing me off as the stock rad won't fit as it's hitting the turbo elbow/downpipe and I can't move it as intercooler pipes are in the way , going to have to relocate and reroute the outlet as can't afford a custom radiator

Check my blog mate it's the only way you can do it bro

Good luck mate :)

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Just checked your topic Martin,as your intercooler is alot smaller and the left outlet is on top,its made the pipe work alot easier. With mine its an absolute pig to get it anywhere.

This is starting to really pee me off now....

martinb

Ex. Club Member
Just checked your topic Martin,as your intercooler is alot smaller and the left outlet is on top,its made the pipe work alot easier. With mine its an absolute pig to get it anywhere.

This is starting to really pee me off now....

I know the feeling, you could sell the intercooler although it is possible still with yours mate

I'll do sone budget spec drawings fir you in minute bro

martinb

Ex. Club Member
55d20beb-cc39-f6e3.jpg

This may seem cack but it will work , I spent ages and ages figuring out what way with the turbo as it is

This is the simplest way Chris

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
If i could get someone to make and weld the brackets for the intercooler,i can probs start to do it,but until then i cant :(

Backbox is being changed/fitted Wednesday as its got a hole in it bigger than a 50p piece and its farting :( So cant do anything until after then

Heres some pics of my newly relocated battery:

IMG_2733.jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

In relation to the washer jet bottle if you get one off a p11 primera the are square and can be fitted to the rear of the car on the passengers side. I have done this and extended the wires from the front to the back to power it. Then using the tube from the rear jet connected it to the front jets. should give you the room you need.

martinb

Ex. Club Member
Chris in the nicest possible way you need to start doing stuff yourself mate,

Get a drill, go halfords get a box of stainless nut/ bolts washers and strip of metal and go play

There was no way round my radiator without paying for a custom alloy one

I looked at it for ages, moving it here there and twisting and turning until I was happy, got a piece of metal, drill small hole one end and checked for fitment, drilled hole in slampanel and nut and bolt

Get the bumper of and mount the metal strips to the intercooler, find where the strips can meet the chassis and drill and again nut and bolt

You can leave it mounted in place doing nothing mate

If you wanted if drive to me we can get everything fitted in one afternoon with turbo conversion running at 2/3psi until your ready for Ed

Order what you need off my diagram and let's get this finished, you have everything to go to get it finished in an afternoon I'm sure

Well do your oil lines, sump off etc, fit your intercooler, fit turbo manifold, you have your downpipe get everything running for you

Let me know bro :)

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
Chris, you are not ready to finish the turbo thing...

You need to get 2 cases of beer and a bottle of fine whiskey for Martin and then you can finish it :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Guys, if I could I'd hang around there just for the craic and pass you tools needed (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y)

martinb

Ex. Club Member
Don't think it will happen peposhi :(

More the merrier, last time we had a group round I got a letterbox complaint on my garage door the next day about noise, revving and speeding up and down the road, I laughed apologised and that was that

Shame it ain't gonna happen though Chris as it would have nice to finally see you, the car and watch another beautiful Micra drive off in turbo form

Still there's always my sisters auto I can play with

Muhahaha ;)

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Its still possible,but obviously theres no rush now,as i was hoping to get it done for JAE. Now that isnt possible i havent gotta worry about getting it done so quick. Would prefer to spend my time on it and make sure its right :)

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Where abouts did you see the car Joel? Should have said hey :)

Battery box is custom made by a local fabricator,and its bolted to the floor

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
It's been 14 days and no updates, couldn't believe I had to scroll near the bottom of the page to find your Blog. What's Happening?

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Gone off the Turbo now,cant justify spending more on it. I've done as much as i can do it except a respray,concentrating on the Mazda for abit,but i wont be forgetting about Milly :)

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Chris I suppose you couldn't do me a favour and put the intercooler onto of the air box so I can see how big it is? just an idea to see how big it is and would it fit their instead of the front bumper area?

Cheers

Phil

Properly amazing work mate.I've been gandering this thread for 2 days as night time reading. My grand masterplan is a GA16 transplant and grid look, inspired by my friends sleeper with a GA16. A lot of the work you've done is like the pictures in my head!

OP
OP
hoodedreeper

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Been keeping this a secret for quite some time but its time to announce....

My Feature in TOTAL NISSAN (issue 23 Jan/Feb 2012)

IMG_0063-1.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

The issue is now out in shops for sale! Its also their first Issue available through iTunes for the iPod/iPhone/iPad!

This year has been truely amazing! Never did i think i'd get 2 magazine features and a Trophey! I couldnt say thanks enough to everyone involved with building the project and those for the help/advice along the way!