• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Hoodedreeper's K11 RELOADED!!

Thanks for the feedback :) Still got her Tom,would break my heart if i got rid of her :(

Though the only thing left is respray and engine,and with the Turbo conversion going wrong its put me off any future engine changes. Cant afford a top notch respray so she'll be staying the way she is. Concentrating more on the MX5 at the moment,but use the Micra daily for work :)

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

The 'ol Gal passed her MOT Thursday with flying colours! Though i got told as from April 2012 if a car was fitted with a factory airbag,it'll NEED one for future MOTs. Everything is sound as a pound and mechanically shes fine. MOT tester was ummin' and arhin' about the Fly Eyes but luckily the beam pattern wasnt affected much.

He said if i was keeping her,to get her undersealed sooner rather than later,and that the front cross member is starting to get abit rough. Apart from that he loved it! Watching him getting in and out was quite amusing though haha

Forgot to add... shes due for an Oil Change so in the next few weeks or so i'll get that done,everything else is fine :) Gonna change the induction kit back over to the OEM air box as i think i'm running abit lean.

She should be making her first 2012 Appearance at The Fast Show at Santa Pod in March,i should be there with my Press Pass as a photographer ;) :p

Hey, I have read all the thread and it's really amazing! Congratulations! On one of your modifications you mention a custom rear upper strut bar, been searching on the whole thread and couldn´t find it. I supose is the one on under the dash right? Is possible to have any specification in how you made the piece? I have a jdm k11 but down here in my country is really hard to get OEM pieces, so we have to built them. Can you help me with this information?

05102009098.jpg

Thread Revival! ;)

Still got the Micra,some may have saw her at JAE this year

IMG_0002.jpg

Shes still running good,except got a knocking now (topic in K11 Technical section) and she needs a new front cross member and its getting abit scabby.

Hey, I have read all the thread and it's really amazing! Congratulations! On one of your modifications you mention a custom rear upper strut bar, been searching on the whole thread and couldn´t find it. I supose is the one on under the dash right? Is possible to have any specification in how you made the piece? I have a jdm k11 but down here in my country is really hard to get OEM pieces, so we have to built them. Can you help me with this information?

05102009098.jpg

It breaks my heart doing this,but atleast she'll live on but in alot of pieces :) This project has taught me alot about the modifying scene,taking something out of the ordinary (not as much now) and doing something no one does.

Its been a rocky path,but the outcome of 2 magazine features,nationwide recognition and not forgetting an MSC trophey at JAE 2011! Has made all of this worth while! Without the help and support of the MSC the car certainly wouldnt have achievement anything and be where it is today. I've met some amazing people along the way,and dont you worry i'll still be sticking around with the MX5 Turbo project (thats if you guys & gals dont mind)

Who knows what the future may hold,i may return with another Micra,wonder what i could do with a K13 ;)

Anyway,enough rambling

Much Love x

Cage is for sale but already have a buyer sorry. Please check out the For Sale topic for all available parts,though most have names against them. If theres something your interested in,please state in that thread and i can add your name to the list.

Today we finished stripping the Micra (only had the cage and short shifter left to remove) then it was time to say my final good bye :(
IMG_0080-1.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

All that remained....
IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

Back