Hood scoop to Micra

Mika The Finn

Site Supporter
Has anyone thought about or done some kind of hood scoop/vent/air intake to Micra? :unsure:
More air => more power! ;)

14892839.jpg

Last edited:
adapt and graft a supercharger to force the air in, however the fuel/air mix will have to be calibrated as the valves and pistons will melt with the extra combustible mix otherwise!:unsure:

OP
OP
Mika The Finn

Mika The Finn

Site Supporter
How about modifying one of the indicator units just below the bonnet.Cut a section out & fit a trumpet then connect to some ducting.
Thanks for idea!
No can do, functional turn signals are mandatory in Finnish MOT. And they are kind of useful, when used, for other road users.

yes that's possible, large industrial vac hoods would achieve same effect and then connect some smooth hose to the head, you could even do a tandem set up with both indicators re positioned to where the fog lights would go?:)

If you have the skill to do it yourself you will save mega amount, otherwise leave well alone, try the scoop idea first it's relatively cheap and easier to complete??

I agree, this isn't done to my liking either. But idea to get more air to engine...:unsure:;)

Ah great yeas the symmetry thing is crucial besides that hole seems to be right where the stock air intake is, why go to that much hassle and keep the same air box setup, I could be wrong with my assumption that
Thanks for idea!
No can do, functional turn signals are mandatory in Finnish MOT. And they are kind of useful, when used, for other road users.

yes that's possible, large industrial vac hoods would achieve same effect and then connect some smooth hose to the head, you could even do a tandem set up with both indicators re positioned to where the fog lights would go?:)

Indicators where the lower fog lights are...mmm...:cautious: = cautious

I think I get what Steve meant maybe, or am adapting what he said.

If you hollowed out (or just carefully took away the plastic behind the honeycomb looking mesh bit) the indicator/grill/mustache (as poorly shown in lime green), you could use that for a ram intake. Problem is though is that you havent got much space behind there, so youd have to get clever avoiding the radiator and the cross beam thing so its probably not feasible
1602344481884.png