Hood Scoop Came Today.

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Well I've been hunting around on ebay and I've found a Bonnet Scoop for £2.99 and when I got it today I am well pleased as it's just right for the Micra.

All I need to do now is:

Prime and Paint it.
Cut a Hole in my bonnet for a direct feed to the Induction Kit which I will be using some venting duct from B&Q for £5 odd.

Having an Induction Kit of any kind is great, it's a cheap performance upgrade.

452148e14f830e413.jpg

452148e14f82bffbe.jpg

452148e14f8348dcb.jpg

OP
OP
pjg1979

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
I've chosen it to be there so air can go directly onto the Air Filter wouldn't be any use at the front of the bonnet.

GuyH08

Ex. Club Member
i was thinking of having a little pipe under the front bumper and have the tube going up to the air intake...my mums got one on her mx-5...dont know what difference it makes though lol

OP
OP
pjg1979

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Yeah but too close and you'll be sucking up water lol

Have also thought of that as well :glare: , the ducting I'm going to use will protrude from the top of the bonnet about 5 - 10mm and at the rear of the scoop there is a drainage point so I should be okay. Cheers anyway.

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Have also thought of that as well :glare: , the ducting I'm going to use will protrude from the top of the bonnet about 5 - 10mm and at the rear of the scoop there is a drainage point so I should be okay. Cheers anyway.

Oh right ok, just checking you'd thought it through lol, should look pretty sweet when colour coded

Looks a little small...

That's what she said.... lol also it's on a small car, a mahoosive vent would look a little silly imo

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
should be good but yea watch out for water, your engine doesn't like it.

if you put it a little further forward and then duct it back it can help drain it

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
as said vent just above the head light. then pipe running to cable tied to the inside of the bonnet from the vent to the filter ;) you will be able to open the bonnet, an the vent will be fuctional :)

OP
OP
pjg1979

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Id take that off and throw it in the bin,sorry mate looks tacky

I haven't fitted it yet as I need to colour code it to the rest of my car but once done I will lay it in the same place and re-post at a later date.

Cheers for all the pointers guys and gals and I shall update soon, well as soon as I find out prices for paint to match my china blue paint work.