Holy MK2 Batman

1998 MITSUOKA VIEWT 1.0 AUTO K11 NISSAN MICRA/FIGARO/JAG MARK 2 REPLICA 3 DR HB

I found this car on eBay UK while searching for a tow eye for my K11 March. Here is the link to the eBay listing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-MITS...483489?hash=item43f7293be1:g:4jUAAOSwo6lWM5Qm

The pix here may well be stale news for all you Micra men & ladies too, but just in case there maybe some interest, here is the Micra based Mark2 Jaguar again.
All the best everybody.

zoun9ai.jpg

rNXOjQl.jpg

pbwnG1V.jpg

PbfDRf0.jpg

NcTN9ZZ.jpg

Even more impressive in its saloon form - search Mitsuoka Viewt. Prices all vastly inflated by dealers/importers sadly.

Some of them were supplied with a white leather interior...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Yes, they are impressive for sure. But, I cant really get a liking for any of them. I think I may have seen a white one of these and a friend has only just reminded me of this event when in January last year and on our way to the Hampton Downs Festival of Speed spotted what we thought was a lovely MK2 Jaguar parked on the side of the road under a shade tree. Strange because an enthusiast model Jaguar is not the kind of car you would expect to see roadside with a "4 Sale" sign in the window - and - in the tiny dot country town of Pirongia. My friend, Mark who lives and breaths cars, motor sport and boutique style beers, new exactly what the car was and called out as much as the truncated truck came into view it's a F.....g Mitsuoka - followed by a babbling brook of similar profanities that took so long to clean up we were too far down the road to turn back for a look and for me to take a snap of this strange wee vehicle.

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
Nice example but niche vehicles like that are only viable to import on request.

A Figaro would have been a much better punt. At least they'd have an established and historical market to re-sell into.

MikeHP

Site Supporter
Yes, they are impressive for sure. But, I cant really get a liking for any of them. I think I may have seen a white one of these and a friend has only just reminded me of this event when in January last year and on our way to the Hampton Downs Festival of Speed spotted what we thought was a lovely MK2 Jaguar parked on the side of the road under a shade tree. Strange because an enthusiast model Jaguar is not the kind of car you would expect to see roadside with a "4 Sale" sign in the window - and - in the tiny dot country town of Pirongia. My friend, Mark who lives and breaths cars, motor sport and boutique style beers, new exactly what the car was and called out as much as the truncated truck came into view it's a F.....g Mitsuoka - followed by a babbling brook of similar profanities that took so long to clean up we were too far down the road to turn back for a look and for me to take a snap of this strange wee vehicle.

My dad really wants one, but then he wanted a Chrysler PT Cruiser...

Mark sounds like my kinda guy, but I'd have to teach him to appreciate quirky Japanese city cars.

I just had to look up whether I went through or near Pirongia when my mum & I 'did' NZ years ago. It turns out our route Wellington-Auckland was further to the east (Hastings, Taupo, Rotorua, Matamata).

I'm dying to go again and include South Island.

My dad really wants one, but then he wanted a Chrysler PT Cruiser...

Mark sounds like my kinda guy, but I'd have to teach him to appreciate quirky Japanese city cars.

I just had to look up whether I went through or near Pirongia when my mum & I 'did' NZ years ago. It turns out our route Wellington-Auckland was further to the east (Hastings, Taupo, Rotorua, Matamata).

I'm dying to go again and include South Island.
The route from Wellington to Auckland that includes a dash through Pirongia would leave tourists a bit sleepy out of tedium unless a ride through endless bucolic scenerey is what you like. The beauty of this route is that it by-passes most of State Highway One and the traffic build ups in and out of the provincial towns. Unfortunately, truckers have found this route and it's not uncommon while driving on the alternitive route to have a giant Kenworth radiator grill attempting an overtaking manouver through my March's tail pipe. The poor wee mite aint so good on hills

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Micra Sports Club mobile app