hmmm

hi guys i have recently replaced my throttle body as my old one was knakerd :

i dont no if this is write but i think my fuel economy has gone down i did 13 miles to one bar of fuel today? sound about write orr?

Was it the last 1/8 of a tank? Try brimming the tank to find out how many litres it holds then get a rough miles/tank and fill half tanks from there and use fuelly to calculate mpg

i dont no i havnt finnished the tank yet but so far i have got 26 miles to two bars of fuel but i usually get 140 miles to 19 litres give or take a bit

i dont no i havnt finnished the tank yet but so far i have got 26 miles to two bars of fuel but i usually get 140 miles to 19 litres give or take a bit

My gauge doesn't have bars, are you saying it has done 26 miles on two 1/4 segments (1/2 a tank) ? if so then yes you don't need any of us to tell you, you have a serious problem.

As brilliant as these cars are Thomas, the fuel gauges are little liars. Fill it up, and you can go a hundred miles and it drops a quarter tank. It then goes down very slowly for the next one nearly two bars, after that, BAM!!!, its gone, but there's still probably 70 miles left in the tank. So, if you fill her up to halfway, or just over, it will appear to just fall away, but you have plenty left. That's what mine does anyway, fill her up and see what your gauge does - hope that helps. ;)

Hence trying what i said, i do not trust my fuel gauge. I know i should get inbetween 150-180 miles from 21 litres so when my fuel light comes on in that range i give it 15 miles and fill with 21 litres again, sometimes it gets excited and comes on at say 110 miles but i politely tell it to **** off

Back