hks coilovers

R

RIK

well they arived today .A BIG THANKS TO MAT AND AMY! for getting me them

but they are in the boot of my car atm,im just going to set off to the garage to go fit them :) ill be back later with pics

this is the only pic i took when fitting..and it was dark when i finished

but if you imagine a k12 with the wheels to the arch..thats how it looks :D

also....i cant get on the drive!! i have to lay concrete on friday so i can get it on

Attachments

• Photo-0015.jpg
    Photo-0015.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 276
looks like 50mm down. can you get technical when you have some time and print some details, (whats the kit. the cost. fitting time etc.,) I'm still trying to find the right drop for my c+c, preferably with 17" rims

Look ok like. Get some pics up with them on. Adjustable dampers on those ones?

About the drive - wait for speed bump - thats when the fun begins!

61 mm front 51mm rear
they are 1.2 fitment but they fit any k12
they dont have adjustable dampening
they ae on the lowest setting atm and i cant get my hand under the arch.i guess they will soften up and sink abit lower??
the ride is great.no rubbing on turning but i havent had passengers in yet so cant comment on the rear wiith a load:)
ground clearence under the car is about 3.5 inch :eek:

RIK said:
i cant get on the drive!! i have to lay concrete on friday so i can get it on

i'd have that prob lol

pics needed as said, can i ask how much they cost you? lots i bet. will prob just get them fk ones you posted :)

get a picture from under the car as well. i wanna see if anything is dangling below lol. also hows the exhaust for clerance since the nismo one sits lower.

59 bhp is more than enough said:
not really for colovers a set of teins which imo are some of the best coilovers in the known universe will you set you back over a 1200 easy.

yes teins are nice.

there are cheaper options for the k12.but dont forget alot of this is shipping costs

good price for them on your front door - considering it was a British company that did them for George and they were just shy of £1000. Ok slight difference with damper controll etc but still smae product.

Nice one man ;)

heres some pics

Attachments

• Photo-0016.jpg
    Photo-0016.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 296
  • Photo-0017.jpg
    Photo-0017.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 267
  • Photo-0018.jpg
    Photo-0018.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 273
  • Photo-0019.jpg
    Photo-0019.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 296
Those arches look huge, never noticed that before, looking good, but I expect htehandling is much bette rnow

well theres no more crossing white lines anymore :D

it handles a LOT better and im chuffed with them
thanks for the comments..i will have a play with it next week cos im off work,so ill take the arches off to see what it looks like now its slammed
i had a passenger in the back today with no rubbing at all

as for wider wheels..i dont know if they will rub or not so im not so sure about them.i agree it looks strange especialy at the back how the wheel sits in from the arch

could i run spacers to see if they will rub? are these a good idea (as in metal plates) k12 hubs are different to k11 as the have bolts that go into the hub not studs that come out of the hub would this matter?

plus i dont really have the funds yet anyway,,the wheels i want are like £200 each withouth tyres
so atm im thinking stoping power is needed,i have to save up and source some discs pads and calipers :)

mate it looks good as it is - no spacers and deffo leave the arches ON!

just change the wheels if you want. like it a lot mate.

tommo said:
mate it looks good as it is - no spacers and deffo leave the arches ON!

just change the wheels if you want. like it a lot mate.

yeah...i think im gunna get these ones refurbd with a dfferent colour and leave the kit on

looks the nuts mate! whats it like for speed bumps and stuff? any front or rear scraping? the exhaust hitting them or anything?

Dan_K11 said:
looks the nuts mate! whats it like for speed bumps and stuff? any front or rear scraping? the exhaust hitting them or anything?

speed bumps are a problem. :(

Seen this in real life - and its the only k12 that makes me want to actually own a k12 myself :p
Beautiful!!

seen these today... had a quick look... Very nice white coils!!! he he...

looks the absolute muts nuts from the front when your being followed by it mate!!!!!!

stunning suspension....!

I hear what your saying about the wheels too... they do seem to look a little IN at the back.... but you couldn't drop the car as much if you had wider wheels or more offset.... i.e. spacer or whatever...

I think the bodykit on the back exaggerates it... as its just an asthetic trim you cant actually have wider wheels if your going THAT low... i think the rear arches trim removed..... the wheels wouldn't look as far IN.... but then again... your losing the arch trims...?!>!>...

tuff one to call mate..

Lol - when me and kristian were turning up, i said "were gonna be able to see his coilovers fitted..." and we already knew it would be on the "lowest" setting... because thats the only reason to own coilovers...

...nothing prepared us for what we saw.. we both burst out laughing at how low it was... its VERY low - and im not supprised you avoid them - id avoid leaves in the road :p

Dusk said:
Lol - when me and kristian were turning up, i said "were gonna be able to see his coilovers fitted..." and we already knew it would be on the "lowest" setting... because thats the only reason to own coilovers...

...nothing prepared us for what we saw.. we both burst out laughing at how low it was... its VERY low - and im not supprised you avoid them - id avoid leaves in the road :p

yeah it still makes me smile when i go to get in it..the novelty will wear off soon :)

the ride is hard so i to dodge man-hole covers, pot hole,grates

the red square sped bumps are no prlem as i just drive in the middle of the road so i cant damage aything under te car,where as the ones that go allway across will damage something so im not going to try if i dont need to

i took my nan,grandad 2 big suitcases and two heavy hand bags to the airport today and i didnt here it rub/knock at any bit of the journey...so pleased with that

dusk i bet you laughed more at the drive..hahahaha (i have some cement to sort it out coming tomorow :D )

Back