HK11 CG13DE vs K11 CG13DE

baguete

Site Supporter
Hi, i was wondering, why does the japanese version has a 1274cc engine and the other engines are 1275cc? What are the differences between the two versions of engines?

OP
OP
baguete

baguete

Site Supporter
Yes, that info i know, i just wanted to know if there is any difference because it is 1274cc instead of 1275cc? Maybe compression ratio or something, but i dont think so, only the Alpha Spec has higher CR, right?

martinb

Ex. Club Member
i'd like to know why seeing as i've got one going in,the jap versions of uk cars are always quicker, type r's , subaru's, evo's etc etc

Any ideas what a nismo 0.6mm head gasket would raise my compression ratio too?

OP
OP
baguete

baguete

Site Supporter
i'd like to know why seeing as i've got one going in,the jap versions of uk cars are always quicker, type r's , subaru's, evo's etc etc

Maybe they are quicker because of different ECU maps? I will check that when i have the March...

i make it 9.9 using this mart http://www.csgnetwork.com/compcalc.html :grinning:

Thats a very nice calculator, easy to use (Y)

Primal_Concrete_Micra

Ex. Club Member

not always the case, my UK celica has about 30-40 more horses than the equivalent JAP spec one!