Hissing Sound

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Just noticed it and am unsure whether or not it has always been there,

so i started my journey back home from the overpriced bucket seat installation company stopped at some lights and just a quick hiss came from the engine and it does it every now and then when its just sitting idling.

any ideas is this possibly a radiator leak of some kind?

thanks again people (Y)

Does it do it all the time? i ragged my car once and than the engine ent 'hssssssssss' was ok after - now i have a sqeaking noise.

Does it do it all the time? i ragged my car once and than the engine ent 'hssssssssss' was ok after - now i have a sqeaking noise.

seems just to do it after a run around about the same time the fan comes on when idiling :(

Are water levels good?
my k10's fan comes on at idle aswell (warm)
my gauge (super s in a ls) reads between the 1/2 and 3/4 when warmed up
though saying that my k10 is well due a fluids change

Sounds like the rad cap letting off steam. Whats the temp gauge say when it makes the noise?. My k10 gauge stays rock solid a 1/2 even if i rag it about. If i get stuck in traffic it will go up a tiny bit then the fan cuts in and takes it back to 1/2. But back to the piont try letting the car sit at idle with the bonnet up and try to hear where the noise is comming from. The wifes k11 had a hissing sound when her heater matrix was leaking but it was a constant hiss when warmed up.....

Sounds like the rad cap letting off steam. Whats the temp gauge say when it makes the noise?. My k10 gauge stays rock solid a 1/2 even if i rag it about. If i get stuck in traffic it will go up a tiny bit then the fan cuts in and takes it back to 1/2. But back to the piont try letting the car sit at idle with the bonnet up and try to hear where the noise is comming from. The wifes k11 had a hissing sound when her heater matrix was leaking but it was a constant hiss when warmed up.....

my temp gauge is the same basically apart from today when it was near the top for the first time ever! then it hissed and when down to 1/2 again weird ill check levels and all that tomorrow and let you guys know how it goes

cheers fellas (Y)

i know this thread is old. shaun, have you solve this problem? i got same problem on here....

I took my uncle for a spin. He just told me about this stupid noise (like boiling point steam noise). it got to be with belt slipping... what do you think?

God this is old, and your reply is old hope you sorted it. IIRC it was a split in a hose but cant remember was over 3 years ago!

Back