high pitch noise

B

Bennai

i have a funny high pitch noise that comes from my tweeters

and it sorta goes with the revs of the engine,

like the more revs i give the car, the higher pitch this noise gets, then makes a funny noise when u change gear and starts agen. but when i turn the hedunit off it all stops!!

any ideas?

Check the earths, also make sure your alternator has a supressor attached to it!

i've had this, what you need is a ground loop isolator, buy one from maplins £12 i think...

i'm assuming your system is amped?

NeX said:
i've had this, what you need is a ground loop isolator, buy one from maplins £12 i think...

i'm assuming your system is amped?

Yes you can do this but doesn't always work, the whine can also be caused by badly installed rca's and power leads, if you are running amps of course. Just ensure that speaker wire/rca's are run through car away from the power leads.

Other than this the whine can also be casued by faulty rca ports on your headunit...

craigd said:
Yes you can do this but doesn't always work, the whine can also be caused by badly installed rca's and power leads, if you are running amps of course. Just ensure that speaker wire/rca's are run through car away from the power leads.

Other than this the whine can also be casued by faulty rca ports on your headunit...

good point, i ran the power down the sides and all the data cables down the middle :)

basically every part between the source (HU) and the amp need to be shielded from interfernce...

my rcas, go on the right and power on the left
il trry a ground loop isolator form ,maplins wen i get paid!

Back