High beam dash light

Tom Messy

Ex. Club Member
I'm having a problem with my lights occasionally. Sometimes this happens, sometimes it's normal.

When I turn it to sidelights, the high beam dash light is kind of half lit and there is a loud buzzing noise coming from somewhere in the dash. When it is on dipped beam, the full beam dash light is on full. When it's on full beam, it seems normal.

I also had a comment that one of my headlights seems more dipped than the other, when before they've been fine.

Anyone else had this problem or know what it might be?

Tom

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Not sure about the Main Beam Dash board light, but there should be a dip beam adjuster on your centre console, I believe this will adjust on the Right Hand Headlamp.

Stani1029

Club Member
yeh i reckon its a melted plug, and for the dipped headlight thats easily adjusted with a flat head screwdriver, park front ways up against a wall and theres a black plastic threaded screw on the back of the headlight, screw it and watch the beam move up or down

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
It will be the plugs on the back of the lights. Either melted as written above or just come loose

OP
OP
Tom Messy

Tom Messy

Ex. Club Member
Right I actually fixed this a while ago, by changing the headlight plug. But now it's happening again and the headlight plug has actually melted. What causes this?

I've noticed that when on high beams, one headlight stays dipped (rather than just needing adjusting), and I think it's related to the plug problem as that's the only time it happens.